Chapter 26

I froze in the same spot unable to move. Brent who was drunk sobered up quickly as Bri stomped her way over to where I was with fuming rage. He got up and fixed his pants and I looked away in embarrassment. Bri grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room and into hers. She lock the door and cross her arms over her chest and glared at me.
"Start talking" she demanded. I sigh and began.
"I was getting up to drink some water and after drinking I went to use the bathroom and when I was coming back I heard a noise coming from the...his room" I said and I wish I had my dove right now. It has been a while since I've used it.
"I went in and saw him climbing through the window. He forgot his keys. Then that happened" I told her but left out a little details that's my business not to seem bitchy.

She sigh and sat beside me.
"I have already told you he doesn't date and I don't want him to break you" she said and I bit my lip.
He did a few times already.
"I know" I breathe.
"Do you like him?" She ask and I was taken aback by her question.
I don't right.
Do I?
"No it was kind of an in the moment thing" I said. A pain hit me in the chest. By tomorrow he'll forget about it anyways.
"Ok. I'm gonna go and help him again" she said getting up from the bed.
"Wait this happened before?" I ask and she nodded.
"A lot that's the reason why him and dad-" she stopped talking immediately. What was she gonna say? I couldn't help but ask myself.
"Do you want my help?" I ask her and my cheek flushed.
"No just go and sleep I'll be there in a few" she said yawning. What is Brent's past?  I nodded and went back downstairs. I couldn't sleep but I had to force myself because I have a busy day tomorrow. My life is a mess. It can't get any worse can it? I ask myself then drifted off to sleep.
—————
I was greeted by fresh pancake scent coming from the kitchen. I got up and went to Bri's room to get my toiletry. I went into her bathroom and did my daily routine. It feels weird bathing in someone else's shower. I push that thought aside and finish showering. After that I put on my clothes for the day which consisted of a pink off the shoulder blouse and ripped light blue jeans and white wedges. This isn't my normal attire but I'm going to hang out with Mycheal today so there's no point in not trying. After I did my hair and put back my toiletry and was walking down the stairs when I heard noise coming from Brent's room.
"How many times have I told you no more drinking Brent." His mother said and I felt a little awful for eavesdropping.
"I can take care of myself mom I don't need you to keep reminding me what happened ok" he said. He sounded really angry. I took my leave immediately when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I made it downstairs safely... I guess and took up my sleeping bag. I haven't seen Bri and I hope she isn't angry at me for last night that I remembered clear as day.

"Hey you want some pancakes?" I heard a voice ask and I smile.
"Yeah sure" I replied. After she gave me the pancakes we ate in suffocating silence. I need her to talk to me so my anxiety will stop rising. After eating we went to her room and started talking. 
"So what time is your date?" I ask her looking at the time it's almost noon.
"Eight and I need your help" she said desperately. I have to be somewhere now but my best friend comes first.
"Ok but I'll be going out with Mycheal showing him around town but I'll cancel" I said and she shook her head.
"No go and tour with him" she said smirking. I looked away.
"No I'm gonna help you" I said.
"No go" she said and I knew there was no use arguing with her so I nodded.
"Ok but let me help you pick out a dress for an apology for yesterday and today" I said and she squealed. We spent a few minutes searching for a dress for her to wear and we settled for a black a line dress that was above her knee and hugged her curves. After that charade I told her mom goodbye and went to Bri's car. I haven't seen Brent at all this morning.
"You shouldn't blame yourself B he was drunk and you guys have a history of kissing 'accidentally'" she air coated and I blushed.

It's true we always end up kissing and it's not healthy for a growing friendship I have to stop doing it and so should he. Although I kind of...who am I kidding I love the kisses we had. The way his tongue moved in sync with mine copying my every move. The way he touch me and make my head go wild. I have never felt this way before and he stole my first kiss and I won't forget that. Bri pulled up at my gate and I gave her a hug.
"Enjoy your date" I said and she smile and nodded.
"Sure will and enjoy mr Greek god" she tease as I step out of the car.
"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I ask playfully.
"Yeah but complementing isn't cheating right?" She ask before driving off. I giggled. When I went inside with my stuff I went straight to my bedroom and I immediately got a text from dad and Mycheal.