Chapter 50

Phoebe's POV

"Hello. My name is Phoebe Carmel I was accepted to NYC" I inform the lady on the other end. There was a mere silence before she spoke.
"Yes, what can I do for you?" Her tone is patient and concerned.

"I was wondering if I could switch up my courses?" I ask biting my lips nervously.
"It depends on why" she states and I nod even though she can't see me.
"I don't think my passion is medical but Literature" I explain.

"Yeah I can see here that you major in medics but you want to change it right?" She asks.
"Yes,please" I tell her desperately.
"Ok but are you sure?" She asks again just to make certain I am sure.
"Yes" I confirm once again.
"Ok then your major will be changed by the time you come in  New Years. Have a nice day and you'll love it here" she says cheerfully.

"You also,thank you" I thanked her and hang up the phone. That was easy.
"Did everything go well?" Dad asks with concern.
"Yeah. The lady I just spoke with whom works at the university says that it'll be changed by the time I'm supposed to be at the University" I inform him.

"That's great" he smiles then takes a sip of water from his cup.
"So that means I'll be packing up then" my mood changes immediately and so did his.
"I guess so" he gives me a sad smile.
"Dad I wished that I was closer so I wouldn't be so far from you and home" I sniff.

"I know but it's college honey you have to explore new things and get your head in the game even if it's far" he walks over and engulfs me into a hug.
"I'm gonna miss you" I say letting him go.
"Not as much as I would plus we have Christmas to spend together so don't sweat it." He says trying to cheer me up.

"I know but-" he cuts me off.
"Shhh. Do you have any plans for today?" He questions.
"Yeah actually I have to go say bye to a friend who is leaving for college today" I sigh.
"Ok but remember to drive safely and remember......"
"Always wear a seatbelt" we both say in unison.

"I know,I know dad" I mock him, he laughs and walks off into the living room to watch tv. I grab the keys from the counter checking the time on my phone.
It's now three in the evening and his flight doesn't leave until in an hour so I have ample time to reach there early.

After a few twists and turns in routes I finally reached his house. I walk up to the porch of the three story brick house. Gorgeous on the outside but I yet to see the inside.

The first time I came to Mycheals house was the time he forgot something when we were going out on a friendly date or something.
"Hello you must be Phoebe come on in" a lovely brown hair woman with hazel eyes greets me.

"Hello, is Mycheal gone yet?" I ask looking around the mesmerizing house with well decorated paintings and chandeliers.
"No he's awaiting you" her voice saddens.
"Oh how awful of me. I'm his mother you can call me Cecile" she gives me a wide toothy smile.

I smile back and nod my head.
"Ok" she tells me the direction of his room and I follow. The third door on the left,I knock gently and wait for his approval. As soon as I heard come in I twist the door knob and take a few deep breaths then enter.

I look around the neat white room in awe of it's beautiful. It holds paintings, posters,awards and other things a room needs to look like a room.
"Hey" I greet him closing the door behind me. "Hey" he greets back.

I tuck a strand of loose hair behind my ear.
"I just finished packing....my moms a crying reck and dad is at work" he sighs sitting on the bed.
"Your mom looked perfectly fine when I arrived" I try to lighten mood.