Chapter 14

You know the drill. Enjoy!!!

Phoebe's POV

After our make out session we didn't say anything to each other and just put on our clothes in silence. His touch still lingers. He stands behind me when as soon as I was finished.

"Have you ever been touched like this before?" He asks stroking my arm with his fingertips. I bite my bottom lip and answer...
"N-no" I confess blowing down. He then places a kiss on the crook of my neck. I hook my hands in his hair and tilt my neck where he is kissing to give him better access.

"Stop biting your lips" he says against my neck. I only nod. He left wet kisses on my shoulder and back up to my neck then to my cheek and turns me around holding my lips captive. He left my lips suddenly. I'm still in the mood. But he just chose to tease me. I held my head down in embarrassment.

"Let's go" he says and I nod. We walk back to the car and I threw the wet shirt in the trunk. We enter into the car and he starts driving.
"Wanna grab a bite?" He asks. I shift awkwardly in my seat.
"Yeah sure" I reply smiling.
"You don't have to be embarrassed Phoebe" he says softly. I nod feeling a little better.

I look over as he lifts his hand then lowers it again as if he wants to do something but hesitates to do so. I take a deep breath and reach for his hand placing it in mine. I shook my own self for even doing this.

We both were tense for a while but we relax after a while. I smile at him and he returns the favor. I can see that he isn't use to it neither am I but it feels good. I intertwine our fingers together and look up at him who's already looking at me I give him a smile then he looks back on the road.

We pull up at a diner near by and that's when our fingers loosen I'm already missing his touch. We hop out of the car and head towards the diner. We take a seat next to the window and immediately a waitress dress in a mid thigh pink dress with an apron over it comes over. I huff at her and Brent chuckles I can feel my cheeks starting to heat up and I turn away.

"What can I get you two?" She asks with a smile. She's not bad.
"Two chocolate milk shakes and two hamburgers " he says.
"Ok then it'll be right with you shortly." She says and left.
"What was that for?" He asks arching his eyebrow.
"What was what for?" I ask acting like I don't know what he's talking about.

"You know what I'm talking about" he says as he reaches over to where my hand is currently resting on the table and made small circles on the back of my hand. I shiver in his touch he must've seen it because he starts to smirk.

"I know you were jealous" he says teasingly. I roll my eyes and our food came shortly after wards causing our hands to part. I sigh and dug in to  my food.
"Heyyy gimme my fry back" I whine and he chuckles and let out an unattractive snort we both died with laughter then he chuckles again calming down.

I ate half of my burger and told the waiter to wrap it for me for take out. While Brent ate the entire thing. I stare at him as he takes his last drink out of his milkshake.
"Are you done admiring me?" he asks cockily.
"You wish" I say sticking out my tongue at him.

"You're so childish" he says scrunching his face.
"Am not" I press folding my arms.
"Let's go" he says getting up taking his garbage with him. I got up after  then my eyes lands on Evan and Brent kissing. Something inside of me broke. I can perceive the tears stinging my eyes threatening to fall and I allow them to.

I stand there like an idiot watching them smooching. A giddy feeling takes over my stomach so I ask the waitress where the bathroom is and she shows me. I start to cry. Minutes later I hear a knock on the door, I quickly wipe my tears and got myself together before stepping out.

I open the door and came face to face with Brent who has a regretful expression. I push pass him but he held my wrist and yanks me back until I collide in his chest. I couldn't hold back any longer so I just let it all out and start to hit his chest over and over again until I was too exhausted to continue.

He didn't even flinch. His chin rests on my head and my face buried into his chest crying uncontrollably. I wasn't only crying because I'm upset with him but that I miss my mom. I held the dove in my hand tightly  slowly calming down.
"Are you ok?" He asks me but I just nod.

It's like he was ashamed to be seen with me at school and in public. He lets go of me and I walk away to the car and wait for him to open it. When he did I got in and rest my head on the window not wanting to see his face. He then starts driving. How did my life go from being normal to this;a wreck.

A tear escapes my eye and I sniff.
"Phoebe..." he call but I don't answer.
"Look I never knew she and her friends were coming and I didn't even know she was gonna kiss me. It just hap-" I cut him off.
"No Brent you know exactly what you're doing you could've refrained from kissing her but you kissed her back. You didn't want her to see you with me we're totally different people Brent can't you see!!!!!" I shout and start to sob.

"I'm....I'm confused." I stutter wiping my tears.
"I'm-" I cut him again.
"No Brent I need you to stop playing with my feelings. You are the first person I have ever let touch me like that, kiss me Brent you no one else and all you can say is that it just happened. You're pathetic!!" I spit.

He looks angry for all I care. He deserves it. He shouldn't be going around breaking people's hearts.
.........
We are now in my drive way. I waste no time to come out.
"Phoebe wait!!" He shouts.
"Look the past few days it was nice but you deserve someone who you can settle down with because I'm not the settling down type I'm sure my sister told you." He mutters. I stare at him with an unbelievable  expression on my face.

"Go to hell Brent!!" I shout and stomp over to the door with shaking hands trying to open it when I did I waste no time and went in. I slam the door behind me and slide down slowly until I'm on the floor with my hands on my knees. I tilt my head over on the door and start crying.