Chapter 9

Phoebe's POV

What Brent said to me yesterday is still resting on my mind.
How could he have so much control over me?
I have to ask myself. I need someone to talk to I can't hold it in any longer. So I decided to call Bri after long thinking about what to do.

A headache was coming on so I took a pill trying to calm myself before I have an anxiety attack or call Bri. A few minutes later after taking the pill I felt better so I proceeded to call Bri to meet up.
After the second ring she picks up.

"Hey Bri" I greet her trying to sound convincing.
"What's up B?" She asks cheerfully.
I sigh before I answer her.
"I don't like that sigh B" she's already on alert.
"C-can we meet up at my community park?" I ask her uncertain what her response would be.

"Ok I'll meet you there in five" she replies then hangs up. I blow down and start to get ready. Lucky thing that the little park our community has isn't far from where I live. It's about a five to ten minutes walk so I went earlier before Bri got there I need the walk anyways.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
When I got there I sat on an empty bench and awaited her arrival. I didn't have to wait long because she here the minute I could say "A".
"Hey" she says pulling me in for a hug.
"Hi" I say back to her.
"You good?" She asks looking concern.

"Yeah I'm fine and you?" I ask her.
"I'm ok" she replies smiling.
"So what was it you wanted to talk about" she asks putting down her phone giving me her full attention. I'm still contemplating whether to tell-her or not who knows what he'll do to me.

I take deep breaths calming my nerves then proceed...
"It's-it's about your brother" I tell her as my chest tightens.
"Oh no. What did he do now?" she asks frowning. I hate seeing her like this but I need to tell her.

"H-he threatened me to made a deal with him" I say swallowing the lump that's now forming in my throat.
"He did what?!" She shouts. I jump at her sudden outburst.
"What did he say?" She asks getting angry.

"He told me that he would make my life a living hell if I didn't...." I pause remembering the scene.
"Didn't what?" She asks already pissed.
"If I didn't do what he told me" I say biting my lips to hold back the tears that were threatening to come out. I feel like a little kid complaining to her mother.

"What did he tell you?" She asks with her deadly eyes looking at me I knew she wasn't mad at me but at her brother.
"Nothing. Please, please Brith don't say anything to him please the last thing I want is trouble" I can feel my anxiety rising but I ignore her.

"Why the hell did he do that. He will not get away with that I'm telling mom" she says in a furious tone.
"No please Bri don't" I never in a million years thought that I would find myself in a situation like this where I'm desperate.
"Why B;why don't you want me to tell on him?" She asks arching an eyebrow.

"B-because it doesn't matter " I assure her with tears falling down my cheek.
"Please don't let me regret telling you this or anything at all" I say looking in her furious eyes.
Her eyes soften but she's still pissed.

"Ok but I'm still going to confront him about it I won't tell mom" she says looking away.
"No don't utter a word to him"
"Ok then but we'll talk to him but not now" she says in a serious tone.
"We?!" I exclaim.

"Yes but not now ok" she says dryly.
"O-Ok"I agree hesitantly. She nods then carried me back home. Since it's a Saturday and my father's at work I decided to pay him a visit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey dad" I greet trying hard to put on a convincing smile. But he saw right through me.
"Hey pumpernickels what's wrong?" He asks in a worried tone.
"Oh ahh nothing I'm fine" I tell him laughing nervously.