Chapter 17

Phoebe's POV

It has been four days since I told Brent to stay away from me and he did. We are almost finished with the project he didn't even try to apologize within those days it was hard for me if I must say. In my heart I forgive him but I'll never forget.

I miss him though his touch; his scent;his humor.... everything about him. I saw him a few times at school and when we make eye contact he would look away immediately and talk to his friends or make out with Evan.

Kyle and Bri is here for me though and so is my therapist. I told her brief details and she gave me advice. I'm not ready to tell dad.
::::::
Today is  Saturday and I'm currently at the diner, I decided to help out my dad at the diner because I have nothing to do and he needs the help. All my assignments were done during the week so I had a lot of free time on my hands. I decided to ask Bri if she want to come along.
"Hey Bri" I greet elatedly.
"Hey bff what's up?" She asks cheerfully.

"Was wondering if you would like to come hang out at the diner with me today?" I ask hoping that she says yes.
"Sure. I'm on my way" she replies.
"Great" I say then hang up the phone. I immediately tell dad that Bri will be joining us while I switch the sign to open. He agrees and I along with Tom and Nicole start to look about breakfast. A few minutes later Bri comes in and we all greet her.
"So shall we start?" She asks smiling.

"Wait you wanna help?" I ask her surprised. She rolls her eyes.
"Yes dummy you think that I'm gonna sit around and watch you do all the work" she says in a daww like tone.

I smile handing her an apron.

"Let's get cooking" I say to all of them and they cheer. I start to beat the eggs while dad and the others take some  stuff out of the store room. Bri joins me a short while after, all cheerful and happy she's always like this and I love it.
"Your dad and the others are really fun" she says smiling.

"I know right they make me feel loved and at home" I tell her going deep in my thoughts.
"Hey what about me" she whines and I laugh.
"How could I ever leave you out hmm?" I ask she claps excitedly. I  turn to pour the egg mixture into the hot oil.
"Watch" I tell her and she immediately gives me her full attention. I giggle and went back to what I was doing.

After making the first omelette I made her try to make one by herself and she kinda did it, I guess but it was too deformed so she ended up eating it.
"You'll get it soon enough" I tell her walking over to where she is seated on a stool and pat her shoulder.
"I should've listened to my mother when she said that I should come help her cook" she says disappointingly.

I can't stand seeing her nor anyone like this so I thought about a way to cheer her up. I scoop up some flour from off of the counter that I was using to bake a homemade donut which consists of chocolate;strawberry and cherry filling inside with a little secret ingredient.

They're currently in the oven, I decided to make my dad and the others taste it so that they can have something new on the menu. I came up with the idea during the past four days. I throw a hand full of flour on her and she gasps. I giggle at the white powder that's now all over her.

She gets up and takes two hands full of flour and throw them at me. I try dodging it but fail. I retrieve some more throwing it at her in the process of taking up some more. She also retrieved some more throwing it at me. Our laughter fills  the kitchen and soon after my dad rushes in.

I freeze when he takes up the flour in both hands and threw it at us we laugh and continue throwing flour at each other until Tom and Nicole joins in the fun. This is  the most fun that I had in a while.
"Now that was fun" Nicole says panting.
"Yeah" we all answer in a chorus causing us to laugh again. The floor and counters are messy causing me to think about the amount of cleaning that has to be done.