it's not Ideal, but it's a Start

.azumane.

the next morning, i woke up feeling groggy and like my brain was submerged in jelly.

i groaned and rolled over, jabbing a finger at my alarm to turn it off.

i rolled over onto my back and closed my eyes for a minute, before quickly getting out of bed, because that was a dangerous game. the alarm was off and i was still pretty tired, so it definitely wouldn't be a good idea to try anything that might make me fall asleep again and be late for school.

i sluggishly got dressed and ready for school, going downstairs for a quick breakfast, before heading back upstairs to brush my teeth and grab my book bag.

with a quick, 'goodbye,' to my parents, i was out the door.

"morning, asahi!" i heard a high, clear voice call out.

"how are you?" a deeper voice asked.

"suga? daichi? why are you outside my house? how long have you been here?"

they beamed at me.

"we've been here for about five minutes," suga replied.

"we're here to walk you to school to make sure you don't chicken out and skip," daichi explained. "also just to make sure you're alright."

my lower lip trembled slightly.

"you guys..."

"please don't cry!" suga shouted.

"i won't!" i exclaimed.

"i think this calls for a group hug then."

i nodded, and the three of us awkwardly clambered together for a quick hug, then we were off to school.

along the way, they asked what i was gonna do about the nishinoya situation.

"ughhh," i groaned.

"well don't sound so excited," daichi chuckled.

"yeah, whatever. i want to fix things between us... i don't know if i'll be able to tell him today, but i still want to try to talk to him some more. i miss being friends with him. and dating him too, but that's out of the question at the moment."

"well, it didn't have to be," suga pointed out.

i threw my hands in the air in frustration, clenching my fists.

"i know that! i feel really bad about it too..."

"sorry..."

i shook my head and dropped my hands back to my sides.

"it's fine. you're right anyway. but, yeah, you guys need to make sure that i tell him my future school plans by graduation at the latest."

"alright, we'll make sure to pressure you every single day."

"oh no, that actually sounds stressful," i complained.

"what were you expecting? now let's get a move on, you took long enough to leave the house, we're gonna be late!"

"it's not even real practice! the season is technically over!" i pointed out.

daichi pointed at me.

"touchée, but that still doesn't mean we should be late. after all, what kind of example are we setting as captain, vice captain, and ace? and also just third years. the firsties need a good example to look up to and follow."

"guess you're right."

"of course i am. now let's hurry."

i groaned, but we all sped up a bit and got to school quickly.