Next Wednesday

a/n: ok asanoya LITERAL power couple 😗✌️😌😫😤💯

.azumane.

before i knew it, it was wednesday.

this was the day i would finally tell noya the real reason i had broken up with him.

monday had started out fine, but the awkwardness increased on tuesday.

but monday and tuesday held nothing over today. all day, we had been avoiding eye contact, and being overly-polite.

i was pacing around and suga and daichi were watching me.

"arghh! i've never been this nervous in my life! not that i can remember anyway! but... they do say that anxiety can sometimes effect your memory... what if i'm going crazy?! what if i already am crazy?! what if i can't say it?! what if i do say it, and he hates me forever?! what then?! what if-"

i was stopped in my tracks as i felt arms wrap around me from behind, and i tensed up slightly.

"shh, it's alright," suga said.

"what is happening?" i asked nervously, looking at daichi, who was laughing.

"you're my baby now, and i must calm you down from this tantrum," suga clarified.

"what is that supposed to mean?!"

he laughed and i could feel his shaking chest and warm breath against my back. i relaxed and felt a small smile come to my face slightly against my will. i couldn't help it, it was contagious.

"it'll all be fine. don't worry about it, okay? he might be a little startled at first, but he won't hate you forever."

"that implies that he might hate me for a little bit."

he clicked his tongue.

"true, but honestly, who wouldn't?"

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!"

he laughed again, and i looked back over at daichi for some kind of help, but he was also laughing.

i shook my head and pried suga's arms off me, turning around to face him.

i wanted to be annoyed, but i couldn't stay mad for long while seeing his gleeful expression, and my resolve usually crumbled pretty quickly anyway, especially with suga and daichi.

"see! you feel better now! now stop worrying, you got this."

"okay, but what if-"

"ASAHI!" daichi and suga yelled in unison.

"I'M SORRY! but hear me out... what if i'm already crazy and i think i say it but i don't? what if noya isn't real and i made him up in my head? what if you guys aren't real? what if none of this is happening, and i'm actually in some hospital bed-"

"that doesn't matter, because we love you, crazy or not, and whether we're figments of your imagination or not," daichi said.

"sounds like something a hallucination would say," i muttered.

"just get out there before i make suga get the nerf guns again."

"alright, fine! fine! i'm going now."

they laughed again, and i shot them one last nervous smile before leaving they gym.

///

i was waiting outside for noya to be done changing, and i checked my phone to distract myself.