there's a Good Reason tanaka and noya are on the floor-

-you Just Haven't figured it out Yet.

a/n: why do they put character limits on chapter titles? if i wanna make a title a whole paragraph, i can and i will, smh.

.nishinoya.

after about three and a half hours of tossing and turning, and four hours of actual sleep, i woke up to my alarm going off, feeling like shit.

i groaned, but quickly got ready and got to school.

i still felt a little guilty over the talk with asahi, but hopefully we could start talking some more and work everything out.

i got into the gym, and went over to talk with the other second years (minus ryū because he's always a little late) while waiting for practice to begin.

eventually everyone showed up, including tanaka, but the third years (excluding kiyoko) were inexplicably missing.

i exchanged a glance with tanaka, and we both shrugged.

"why do you think the third years would be late?" tanaka asked. "even i was earlier than them, and that's Something."

"yeah, i-"

suddenly, a floral scent wafted over, and ryu and i shot to our feet as kiyoko walked by.

"kiyoko-san!" we yelled in unison.

she glanced at us, but kept walking. i ran to keep up with her, wanting to try something.

"kiyoko! you must've heard by now..."

she glanced at me curiously,

"that me and asahi broke up?"

"oh, yes, i heard. i'm very sorry about that."

i gasped internally. she actually responded to me!

"thank you, kiyoko-san. it's kind of been bumming me out, but maybe a hug would make me feel better?"

she looked at me skeptically for a minute, then sighed.

"i'm feeling generous today, so alright."

she opened her arms, and my face lit up. i rushed to return the hug, and held it for several moments.

i was ecstatic to discover the new information that she seemed to be the type of person that didn't pull away from the hug until you did.

"thank you, kiyoko-san, you have brought me a small bit of happiness in these trying times!"

she actually smiled a bit when i said that!

soon, tanaka was next to me.

"kiyoko-san, i'm also going through a tough time and could use a hug."

she raised an eyebrow.

"really? mind telling me what that is?"

he blushed and scuffed his foot on the floor a bit.

"uh... it's kind of personal, i've only told like two people... it's kind of an emotional turmoil thing."