your Local lesbians to the Rescue

.tanaka.

"okay, i need some advice."

her face became puzzled.

"you want my advice? what about?"

"well... it's a lot to explain, but basically i've been questioning my sexuality, so i figured it might help to talk to lgbt people, since they have experience with that type of stuff... i guess?" i shrugged a bit, a little unsure of myself and my choice of words, but yachi didn't seem bothered, and in fact smiled a bit.

"well, you came to the right person. for me, i figured it out around the second year of middle school... but it wasn't until late third year that i really accepted it. i didn't understand why i found girls so much more beautiful and attractive than boys. especially since i had never been told that being gay is okay, or even been exposed to any type of lgbt representation. i was confused and scared, but now that i'm in high school and have it all figured out, i'm really happy with myself, and it's not scary to have a crush on a girl anymore... well, besides in the normal scary way of having a crush."

"you're talking about kiyoko-san, right?"

she blushed intensely.

"yeah... guess it's that obvious, huh?"

i laughed a bit.

"maybe a little, but definitely not as much as me and noya. although for him, he's obviously kidding around, especially with the whole situation with him and asahi... and for me... well... i used to have a crush on her last year, but i'm over that now, and... i'm actually wondering about ennoshita." my voice grew quieter and quieter the more i spoke, trailing off in nervousness.

her eyes grew wide and sparkled.

"really?! ennoshita?!"

i blushed and scratched the back of my neck. "yeah... but i'm still really unsure. it was nishinoya that brought up the idea, and i've been thinking about it a lot, but..."

"well, how long have you been thinking about this?"

"um... like, four days?"

her eyes went wide again. "four days?! goodness, no wonder you haven't figured it out yet! i mean, yeah for some people it's easier and quicker to figure things out, and they just know right from the beginning. but for a lot of us, it takes some time to figure it all out. it's a really insubstantial thing after all, i mean, it's all just about your feelings, and no one can really figure that out except you. and sometimes there's always that uncertainty, like, 'is this really how i feel, or am i tricking myself?' or something along those lines."

"yeah, you're right. i guess i knew that, but it's still-"

i heard daichi yelling from across the gym, so i turned around.

"tanaka, we're starting practice, get over here! we've already wasted too much time!"

i turned back to yacchan. "well, i guess that's it for now, but could we talk more later?

she smiled widely. "of course! i'm happy to help!"

i smiled as well and ruffled her hair. "thanks, yacchan, you've been a big help."

then i jogged back over to where the others were getting started.

///

an agonizing 45 minutes later, things were starting to wind down with about 15 minutes left. at this point, it was mostly just hinata asking for endless sets from kageyama, and him obliging, of course.