the second Talk

.azumane.

after talking to suga and daichi, i realized that the gym was already all cleaned up by everyone else, and we had sort of wasted time just standing around. oops.

when we got back to the club room, i changed as slowly as possible, trying to delay the inevitable.

when suga and daichi were leaving, suga tapped my shoulder.

"don't forget, we'll be waiting around the corner with those nerf guns."

i groaned.

"yeah, i know."

"just making sure you remembered. good luck out there, by the way."

i smiled a little bit.

"thanks."

then, they walked away and the door closed behind them.

i finished getting dressed and putting on my coat, and realized i couldn't put this off anymore. i had to leave at some point, after all.

i slowly picked up my bag, and walked to the door at a snail's pace.

as soon as the door was shut behind me, i heard, "asahi."

i nearly jumped out of my skin, and i might've shrieked a little bit.

i turned to see that it was just noya.

i sighed, placing a hand on my chest to try to calm down my wildly beating heart.

"oh, it's you."

"well jeez, don't sound so happy to see me." he rolled his eyes.

"ah, sorry. i was just caught off guard. it's lovely to see you, as always."

he looked a little skeptical.

"well... alright then. let's go, same place as last time."

"alright..."

i followed him downstairs and around the side of the building to the bench we sat on last night the first time we Talked.

"so... what did you want to say?" i asked hesitantly once we were both seated.

"first of all, i wanted to apologize for some of the things i said last night... saying you were cruel and a coward... i was just angry and i wished i could take it back right after i said it..."

"i understand, and i forgive you. i know everyone says things they don't mean when they're angry."

"thanks... i've just been feeling guilty about that..."

"well, it's alright. i forgive you."

"thank you. and my next point... i feel like... everything is going too fast here. i don't know. it's like, we just had this whole serious conversation last night, and then this morning everything is normal like nothing ever happened? and i know we wanna get things back to normal, but it kind of feels weird happening so soon."

"i get that. so.... do you just wanna... i mean, what do you want to do about that?"

"maybe like... slowly work up to that point? start slow and eventually we'll get back to the place we used to be."

"alright. is that... is that all you wanted to say?"

"no, i... i feel like you're still not telling me something about why we broke up."

"oh... well, actually..."

i hesitated, feeling a restless stirring in my chest. should i just blurt it out and get it over with? or should i give myself time to prepare the perfect way to say it?