graduation itself

a/n: now this chapter may be called 'graduation itself' but i actually don't go into much detail with the ceremony because i've only been to one graduation and that's my sister's, and tbh it was pretty boring, so... yeah, enjoy.

.azumane.

graduation. i was terrified as i sat in a folding chair, waiting for my name to be called.

once all these speeches from teachers and staff were over, i would be one of the first to walk, seeing as it would be called by alphabetical order of name.

suga, daichi, and kiyoko would be near each other, since 'sugawara,' 'sawamura,' and 'shimizu,' all started with s.

i fidgeted slightly.

the weather had warmed up, and sitting here in a cap and gown outside was hotter than i would've thought.

walking up across the stage was terrifying, but exhilarating as i received my diploma and shook the hands of all the staff up there.

as i returned to my seat, and watched everyone else walking, i was shaking a bit for a while, but by the time the valedictorian and salutatorian gave their speeches, i was relaxed.

after all the scholarships had been announced, and everyone threw their caps, that was the end, and we were allowed to get up and socialize.

i didn't even attempt to find my cap (good riddance) before i quickly found daichi, suga, and kiyoko.

"you guys!" i called out.

"asahi!" suga exclaimed.

"we're officially adults! ahh! i'm terrified!"

"honestly, same, the real world? i don't know her," daichi replied.

"i think the rest of the team showed up to cheer us all on," kiyoko pointed out with a smile.

we all looked to where she was pointing to see everyone coming towards us with smiles.

we all socialized with them for a bit, and i gave some advice to hinata and tanaka about being an ace, which hinata seemed especially excited about.

then, when everyone else had cleared away, i looked and there was only one person left.

nishinoya stood slightly away from everyone else, seeming like he had a spotlight on him with how my eyes were drawn towards him.

i walked towards him and he shuffled his feet a bit, still looking rather uncomfortable.

"yuu?"

he screwed up his face and looked away for a moment, before looking back at me.

then, before i realized what was happening, i found myself engulfed in a hug.

i hugged him back just as tightly, not wanting to let go.

"i'm sorry," he said.

the words were muffled, but i could understand them with crystal clarity.

"you don't have to apologize. i should've told you sooner."

i felt him shake his head.

"i'm sorry for avoiding you. it was stupid, i mean, i find out our time together is more limited than i thought then i waste it all away being petty." he chuckled softly. "that might've been kind of stupid of me."

i smiled and breathed out lightly from my nose.

"maybe a little," i teased.

he pulled away, his face becoming serious.