nishinoya is a Bad Influence

.azumane.

i thought everything would still be alright at afternoon practice.

alas, i was mistaken.

i tried to greet noya.

"hey, noya, what's up?"

he glanced at me, seeming slightly uncomfortable.

"hey, asahi, i'm fine. uh... i'm sorry, i've gotta go help tanaka stretch."

he quickly scooted away to where tanaka was already being helped with stretches by ennoshita, and i frowned.

i thought i had made some progress this morning! where did i go wrong? i lost a friend-

wait, no, those are song lyrics. focus, asahi.

would this be just like friday's practice again, where he would make every excuse to ignore me? if so, that would really suck.

i went through a whole weekend of torture, not knowing what was going on with him, and knowing we would have to talk on monday. and then, when monday did roll around... we didn't necessarily avoid each other on purpose, but we didn't speak much either until after the entire day went by.

i felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see daichi standing next to me.

"you've been staring at nishinoya for the last minute or two. everything alright? it seemed like you guys were talking fine this morning."

"uh... i'm not sure actually. i thought things were alright, but i tried to say hi, and he sort of ran away."

daichi studied my face for a second.

"you're whipped, aren't you?"

remembering the conversation from this morning, i snorted.

"what? did i say something weird?" daichi asked.

i shook my head.

"no, sorry, just thinking of something else... but... yeah, i guess you're kind of right. damn, who would've thought?"

"whoa, whoa, whoa! who taught you those kind of words?!"

"what? 'damn'? that's not even that bad."

he shook his head, a mix of disappointment and anger.

"i should've known nishinoya would be a bad influence on you. we'll have to wash your mouth out after this."

i screwed my face up.

"you know, just because i don't cuss that often doesn't mean i'm not allowed to. besides, it could've been a lot worse."

"you're right, it could've been worse, but absolutely not, you are not allowed to cuss."

"you know what? i don't have to take this from someone under 180cm."

"hey! well... i don't have to take that from someone a year younger than me!"

"I AM LITERALLY A DAY YOUNGER THAN YOU. JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN ON DECEMBER 31st, AND I WAS BORN ON JANUARY 1ST DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING."

he laughed heartily.

"oh, asahi, i hope you never change."

"wait, what's that supposed to mean?"

he patted me on the back, and without answering, walked away again.

i groaned. well, maybe i'd figure it out later.

for now, i need to try to figure out this noya situation.