a Big Reveal with the second years

a/n: sorry if this is kinda bad, i've still got major writer's block rn 😭✌️

.nishinoya.

it was currently lunchtime on the following thursday afternoon.

as i had hoped, the vibes had amended themselves after i had slept and cleared my head, and now things were feeling pretty normal again.

well... mostly. it was still new to get into the classroom and see ryū and chikara holding hands under the desk.

i plopped down on the last free chair- i had gotten there last since i had walked slower than usual.

"hey, y'all, how's it going?"

i was greeted by a chorus of, "pretty good"s and "not bad"s.

then kinoshita asked, "speaking of, are the vibes still off today, or are you feeling any better?"

i flashed a thumbs up.

"all good today."

"oh, that's right! we never got a chance to talk last night!" ryū exclaimed. "do you wanna talk now or just call later?"

"i'll talk now. besides, this time everyone can get in on the tea, and i can get more advice from different points of view if necessary."

"right, right, makes sense. now, every detail from the beginning. or whatever you're comfortable sharing."

i nodded.

"so... at first it was all quiet and awkward, and knowing asahi, he probably wouldn't be able to just say it, so i was talking about some random stuff just to mellow out the mood or whatever, and i was just asking if he thought seeing a dog warrants a facetime, and-"

"it doesn't," narita said.

i looked at him with annoyance and held my hand up.

"alright, for those of y'all that are new here- and ryū knows this well- i have a little unspoken rule not to interrupt unless there's an appropriate opening."

he shrugged.

"it seemed appropriate to me."

i cast one last glare at him before resuming my story.

"so i was asking him that, when he just blurted it out! i was real surprised at that, man, like... who'd have thought?!"

"oh man, i know right?! but it's awesome he finally told you!" ryū exclaimed. "so what was the reason?"

i scrunched my mouth to one side, wondering if i should tell them or not.

"well... he told me... he's gay."

ryū gasped and ennoshita made a face.

"i sure hope he was if he was dating you, but that on its own isn't really a reason to break up with you."

"oh right... well, i'm not sure if it's my place to say, but... let's say it's a really big thing that contradicts something he's said in the past, and it threw me off big time. we're talking emergency daydreams to reimagine the entire future!"

"all of humanity's future, or just your future?" ennoshita inquired with a chuckle.

"okay, when i say the entire future, obviously i mean my future!"

"just checking."

"wait, did he turn out to actually be straight then?" tanaka gasped.

"ryū, no... he's still gay."