noya gives tanaka The S** Talk 😳 (gay edition)

a/n: two words: secondhand embarrassment.

.nishinoya.

i couldn't believe third year was halfway over already. i mean, i knew people always said it went by fast, but damn, the time had really flown.

now it was summer break, and ryū and i were hanging out at my house. he seemed stressed about something, so i took it upon myself to offer advice.

"there's something wrong," i said, interrupting him mid-sentence.

he abruptly cut himself off.

"what do you mean?"

i sat up in bed and looked at him where he was sitting on the floor.

"you're stressed about something, i can tell."

he groaned.

"damnit, why do you have to know me so well and be so perceptive of the slightest subtleties of my moods?"

"what else is a best friend for? duh. now spill it. what's bothering you?"

"so... ennoshita."

"oh no, are you guys having relationship issues? please don't tell me you're gonna break up, y'all are so cute together."

he shook his head.

"no, nothing like that."

"oh?"

i slid off the bed to sit cross-legged across from him.

"well, uh... the other day we were making out, or whatever..." he started blushing. "and um... he was wanting to take it a little further, and started talking about sex, and i kind of panicked. did uh... you and asahi ever... you know?"

i kind of wanted to laugh, but he looked so distressed i felt bad. i wouldn't let him go without at least a little teasing though.

"wouldn't you like to know?" i asked in a sing-song voice.

he blushed and hid his face in his hands for a moment.

"please, i just need some advice here."

"first of all... i'm shocked and offended that you would imply that i had premarital sex! that's a sin! then again, technically being gay is supposed to be a sin, so i guess it cancels out? also, asahi is like jesus, so... it's impossible to sin in his presence or something."

"wait, now i'm really confused... also i feel kind of awkward here but you're my best friend so i feel comfortable... ish... talking about this with you, and also you're gay which... gives a better standpoint for advice."

"first of all- i'm bi. second- aww, wait that's so sweet, i trust you too. and to answer your previous question... yes, we had sex. multiple times. sometimes, i couldn't even walk afterwards!"

he cringed.

"why do you sound so happy about that?"

"bro... think about the implications. and this is asahi we're talking about, so when he actually got the confidence and initiative to blow out my back like that... goddamn, it was hot."

"okay, i didn't really need to know that," he muttered.

i shrugged.

"hey, you asked."

"i guess you're right... so... sorry if i overstep any boundaries, but... you were a bottom then?"

i snorted.

"no worries, no boundaries overstepped. and... well, that's complicated. actually, the first time we actually had sex, i asked to top, because... okay, this is kind of embarrassing, but i was scared he would hurt me, cuz his... you know... was so big." i hid my face in my hands, feeling impossibly red.

"oh! i always knew he was packing, thanks for confirming that."

i pulled a 'bitch, the fuck?!' face at him.

"why were you thinking about my boyfriend's dick?!"

"okay, to be fair- you can't not at least wonder a little bit! i mean, the rest of him is so big, so..."

"i guess. anyway... i topped a couple times, but mainly i was a bottom, yeah. usually i was a power bottom, but sometimes when he was extra dom, i went full pillow princess, like- fuck, bro, i just-" i cut myself off and shook my head. "okay, those details aren't important. ask any more questions you have."

"okay, so... in general, any advice for my first time?

"well that depends. going back to that idea of positions, do you think you're a top or bottom?"

"uh... i don't know?"

i thought about it for a moment.

"well, given your inexperience with gay stuff- that would indicate chikara to take the lead and top you. then again, given your heterosexual background, he might want to let you top to simulate a more 'straight' experience, while he could still guide you somewhat as a power bottom."

"um, dude... you remember i'm a virgin anyway though?"

my eyes widened.

"oh shit, that's right. i lowkey forgot for a sec."

"what that not everyone got their virginity taken by jesus? that's embarrassing."

"hey, that's okay, bro, everyone has their own pace. and at the end of the day, you don't have to do anything you're not ready for. and plus- you don't have to go immediately for full on intercourse. asahi and i started with like, hand jobs and stuff before working our way up to sex."

he cringed.

"god, this is so fucking awkward to talk about, but... thanks for the advice?"

i shot him a thumbs up and a wink.

"what did you expect?! i'm practically a pro at this. but yeah, no problem."

"ugh, okay, but yeah. i guess i should talk to chikara more about this stuff. it'll probably help me figure more out than talking to you, no matter how... enlightening this experience was."

"you're right, talking to him about it would probably be best. but i'm sure my advice will still be helpful anyway."

"yeah, i'm sure it will."

"wait, i've just had a great idea!"

"oh god. what is it?"

"so you know how when you first started figuring stuff out last year, and we kissed to help you figure things out? what if we did that again, but instead of kissing-"

his face was bright red.

"i'm not having sex with you!"

i pouted.

"don't you think i'm hot?"

"of course, dude! you're so sexy, but that would just be a little weird. there are some lines you don't cross, you know? oh, and also i have a boyfriend, so that would kind of be cheating. aaand i would rather my first time be with him, not you."

i nodded, rubbing my chin thoughtfully.

"you make a lot of very good points there. i guess i accept your answer, and i'll just have to find someone else to sleep with!"

he raised an eyebrow.

"are you sure you wanna be doing that? i mean... are you even totally over asahi yet?"

i waved my hand.

"not important. i just-"

"bro, listen. i don't want you sleeping with some random person just because you're lonely. i don't want you doing anything you'll regret later. i know you still miss him, but sleeping with random people isn't the magic key to getting over him."

i sighed, a little surprised at how this conversation had become. i was only joking. well... mostly.

"yeah, you're right. thank you."

he nodded.

"no problem. now... hug time?"

"hug time," i agreed.

we leaned forward to hug each other, and it was a little awkward since we were both sitting cross-legged, but hey, any hug with a friend is a good hug.