the Apple Juice on the Table

a/n: so... basically from here on out the timeline is gonna be moving pretty quick and imma be jumping around a lot, so don't mind that, i just didn't wanna have a hundred chapters of filler for all of college when i don't have that much planned out for this time

.nishinoya.

my first year of college, halfway over already. it was summer once again, and i had a plan.

asahi and i had been texting a bit more recently, and we had arranged for me to stay the weekend with him. now that he was a second year, he had an apartment off campus, and luckily his roommates were out on some camping trip, so it would just be the two of us.

as i approached the door, i was nervous, which was rather uncharacteristic for me. i checked his text one more time to make sure i had the right apartment, then knocked.

i stuck my hands in my pockets and tried to appear as casual as possible while i waited, although i might've jumped a bit when the door finally opened.

i'm not sure why i was so on edge- maybe it's just because we haven't seen each other in person for so long, and what if things are too different now?

"noya, hey! you made it safely, come on in."

he stepped aside to let me in, and my brain tried to process all the new things it was experiencing.

first of all- asahi had his hair down, and he didn't wear it down much in high school. he was also wearing glasses. when did he get glasses?

and the smell in the apartment. it wasn't overwhelmingly familiar, and it was obvious that other people lived here, but there was still an underlying hint of asahi's smell.

i took about five seconds to take in all of this information while i took off my shoes in the entryway.

"so, how was the journey here? everything go smoothly?"

"yep, everything was great! i'm here safe and sound, and in one piece!"

he chuckled.

"that's a first."

"pfft, what?! what are you talking about?"

"please, there was never a time in high school when i didn't see you with at least one bruise. i wouldn't be surprised if you had some now, you're like a piece of fruit!"

"i'm not like a piece of-! wait a minute..." my gaze drifted to a fresh bruise on my arm, and i quickly covered it with my hand. "okay, so you may be right, but that doesn't mean you're right!"

he laughed.

"that doesn't make any kind of sense."

"do i ever make sense?"

he shrugged.

"there are rare occasions."

"well... thanks?"

"you sound unsure."

"i'm just not entirely sure if that was a compliment or an insult."

"it was a compliment. do you want anything to drink?"

i sat at the table while he went to the fridge.

"yes, please! do you have any apple juice?"

"apple juice?" he chuckled.

"what? i gotta keep up my vitamin c intake so i can keep my immune system strong!"

"well, honestly, orange juice would be best for that, but i know you don't like orange juice that much, so i'll get you some apple juice instead."