asahi's delivery service

.azumane.

several hours later, daichi, suga, and i had gotten some take out and gone back to their apartment.

"i can't believe you guys are allowed to live off campus during first year. at my school it's required to live in dorms for first years."

"you should've come to college with us then," daichi replied.

"ooh, you sound like ushiwaka," suga said through a mouthful of food, before putting on a serious face and deep tone. "you should've come to shiratorizawa."

daichi and i laughed.

"that's our daichi. doing unintentional impressions since high school."

suga sighed and rested his cheek on his hand.

"i hope all the kids are doing okay. especially the new first years."

"i'm sure they'll be fine without us, suga," daichi assured him.

"what if they're not?!"

"suga," i interjected. "they're fine. do you want to call them or something just to make sure?"

he frowned a bit, looking contemplative.

"well... we don't need to call them, but... i wanna text ennoshita to see if everything's going alright."

he pulled out his phone, tapped around on the screen for a bit, then set his phone back down.

"better now?" daichi asked.

he nodded.

"a little. i do miss them though."

daichi and i nodded.

"yeah... but we couldn't very well stay back in high school for another year."

"if we got worse grades, we could've!"

i laughed.

"i don't think you would've wanted that."

he groaned.

"i guess not."

once we had all finished eating, i offered to take all the dishes and trash to the kitchen.

"yeah, that would be a big help."

"thanks, asahi!"

i took everything to the kitchen and cleaned it all up.

when i went to return to the living room, i paused in the doorway.

i saw suga whispering in daichi's ear with a giggle, and daichi's face turned red, but he smiled, and whispered back.

then they kissed, which caused a weird, melancholy ache in my stomach.

probably something to do with my newfound attraction for both of them, but... i would prefer not to think about that at the moment.

i waited a few seconds so it wouldn't seem weird, before walking back into the room.

"we should watch a movie!" suga exclaimed, patting the seat next to him on the couch.

i sat where he indicated.

"sure, what should we watch?"

"what do you want to watch?" asked daichi.

i shrugged.

"i don't have any strong opinions."

"you never have strong opinions," suga whined, poking my arm.