chaotic meetings and The Exhibition

.azumane.

as i watched the train pull into the station and the doors open, i had no idea what to expect.

i mean, of course it's just noya. just noya. the words didn't really do him justice.

as people began to spill out of the train, i had a fleeting thought that maybe i was waiting at the wrong stop, and he wouldn't be here.

but then i saw him, looking around for me, and it sounds cliché, but it almost felt like slow motion.

i walked towards him and waved him over.

when he spotted me, his face lit up, and he hurried to where i was.

"asahi! i missed you!"

suddenly, he was right in front of me, colliding with my chest, and his arms were around me. i smiled a little at his antics and hugged back momentarily.

"i missed you too, yuu. how've you been?"

he pulled away to look me in the face.

"good! where's daichi and suga?"

"they're back at my apartment with my roommates. which... now that i think about it, is probably a bad idea because of all the embarrassing stories they could share, but it's too late now. so how about we head back there?"

"sounds great! let's go!"

he started to bounce off in one direction so i grabbed his shoulder.

"that's the wrong way. exit's this way."

"whoops! silly me, i must've got disoriented from the trip. now let's go for real!"

i chuckled at his high energy level, and followed him towards the exit.

///

the first voice i heard when we got back to the apartment was emiko.

"you guys really had a threesome?!"

those words were enough to trigger my fight or flight response, so i decided it was best to shut that down immediately.

"yeah, it was so crazy, he was just totally-"

"alrighty, guys, can we stop discussing my sex life?" i requested as i walked into the kitchen.

noya bounced in shortly after me.

"wait, i didn't hear anything. are we talking about asahi's sex life?"

daichi, suga, emiko, and masumi all replied, "yes."

"i just said no!" i exclaimed.

"alright fine, if we're not talking about your sex life, can we talk about mine?" noya asked.

i held out my hand.

"i'm gonna stop your right there, because i don't think i wanna know. just tell me you didn't sleep with tanaka, because that seems like something you'd do."

he sighed.

"unfortunately, i did not."

"unfortunately?!"

"what?! he's hot! maybe i should ask if him and chikara would wanna have a threesome some time..."

i hid my face in my hands.

"i should've known this would be chaotic."

"what do you expect when you gather all your favorite people in one place?" suga asked. "i mean, i know you like me best, of course, but i can tell that you tolerate everyone else here."