posso morire felice

a/n: tbh i'm considering making a 'sequel' to this where i more explore ennotana and asanoya before the breakup (and possibly elaborate more on how daisuga got together) cuz gay rights 😳🌈

.nishinoya.

i didn't manage to get back to sleep after that- my body simply refused.

probably due to all the jet lag and weird sleeping hours- but whatever the case, it just said, "no ❤️"

however, i was able to enjoy cuddle-with-asahi time, even if it was a bit warm.

although it wasn't too long before he woke up for good, seeing as i woke up around 6am, and he usually wakes up around 6-7. even on weekends, what a weirdo.

he stretched with a bit of a groan, and i heard him yawn and sit up.

"you up?" he whispered.

"mhm," i replied, rolling over to look at him.

"did you sleep well?"

i pondered this for a moment.

"you could say that. my sleep's been a bit fucked with this time change, so i only slept a couple hours."

"eh, better than nothing, right?"

"yeah, you're right. i probably smell disgusting right now though, ugh. i knew sleeping in these same clothes was a bad idea, but i think i was too tired to care."

"i can get the shower started for you, if you want. it's hard to figure out the perfect temperature at first."

"ooh, that'd be nice, thanks."

he nodded, and hauled himself out of bed, leaving the room.

shortly after, i swung my legs over the side of the bed, and rifled through my suitcase, looking for some clean clothes.

finally, i found what might've been my last clean clothes, and headed to the bathroom, where asahi was just leaving.

"i got the shower all set up for you in there, so i'm gonna make some breakfast now."

i gave him a thumbs up, and went into the bathroom.

i locked the door behind me, and set my clean clothes on the toilet lid. i took off my old, stinky clothes and set them on the floor, then stepped under the nice, warm water.

as i washed my hair and body, my mind brought back a specific memory for whatever reason.

it wasn't long after asahi had broken up with me- maybe even the same night, i couldn't remember too well.

ryū had come over to my house to check on me, and forced me to take a shower. i hadn't wanted to, but complied anyway. as i showered, i cried.

i cried a lot in the following weeks, but i hadn't cried for a while now. after that, we had dinner and watched sailor moon.

i smiled in a bittersweet sort of way. i'm not sure why i remembered that particular time right now, but i let the memory linger for a moment, then let it go and imagined it washing down the drain with the soap bubbles.

after i turned the water off, i stood for a moment, the water dripping down my hair and body. i looked around to see an extra towel laid on the laundry basket near the shower, so i grabbed it and dried myself off.

i got dressed and looked at myself in the mirror for a moment, before deciding it wasn't worth it to go back and try to find hair gel in my suitcase and put my hair up. i had been leaving my hair down a bit more these days, and besides, it's just asahi, so who cares?