the Timeline up until Now

.tanaka.

"i'm sorry i yelled at you and called you a shitty friend," i said after a long silence.

we were currently walking in the general direction of both our homes.

"no, i'm sorry. i should've been there for you to talk to instead of having my head up my own ass."

i shook my head.

"nah. i kind of did exactly what you warned me against. i kept my feelings bottled up to an extent and didn't try hard enough to talk to you about it. i don't think i would've been as mad if we could've talked."

"how about we agree that we're both at fault here?"

i nodded, and went to speak, but noya had started talking again.

"but i'm more at fault because i should've been there for you. this problem wouldn't even exist if i hadn't brought it up, then i left you all alone, even when i know how hard it is to question your sexuality, and i just shouldn't have done it. i can't take back what i did, but i'm gonna try to make it better and actually listen to you now and try to give you advice instead of expecting you to give me advice all the time."

i hesitated, processing and thinking about his words.

"i think that sounds good. it's just... it has been really hard for me recently. and of course i had my sister to talk to, and i even talked to kiyoko and yacchan about it, and ennoshita sorta, just leaving out the big details of course... but i really missed you. and... you weren't there to help me when i needed you most."

my voice started faltering at the end of my statement, and i cleared my throat to try to get rid of that pesky about-to-cry feeling.

"ryū..."

i looked at him to see him blinking rapidly and briefly wondered if he felt like crying too, before he got closer and i felt his arms around me.

i hugged him back as tightly as i could, and felt his hands curling tightly around the material of my jacket.

i'm not sure how long we stood there, just hugging, but it felt like forever. and yet... at the same time, not long enough.

eventually we pulled away with sniffles and wiping our eyes.

"let's never fight again," noya suggested, attempting a lighthearted laugh.

i nodded.

"agreed. i know it was less than twenty four hours, but i hated not talking to you, and being mad at you for even just a few days felt weird and gross."

"alright, so are we all good now?"

"all good," i confirmed.

"so... ennoshita?"

i blushed remembering our encounter in the park last night.

"bro, i'm seriously starting to think i might like him. s- something happened last night..."

he raised an eyebrow.

"oh? do tell."

"how about we head to sakonoshita and get some meat buns and i'll tell you there?"

"sounds like a plan."

luckily we weren't too far from the store, so we got there quickly and got some meat buns, sitting on a bench outside with the bag sitting between us.

"okay, we have our food, now spill the tea. did you have sex with him?"

i spluttered, my face heating up.