ennoshita is Done with the bs

.nishinoya.

wednesday morning had come, and so far, it was awful.

at morning practice, tanaka and i avoided each other like the plague, and the others definitely noticed.

"nishinoya-senpai, did you and tanaka-senpai fight?" shōyō asked.

i glanced around uncomfortably for a minute and then shrugged.

"maybe, kind of... a little bit? it's weird right now, i don't know."

he nodded, with wide eyes.

"i hope you guys can make up soon!"

"yeah, me too."

with that, he seemed to be satisfied, and turned to run off towards kageyama to ask for a toss.

i breathed out heavily and slumped my head.

"are you alright?"

i nearly jumped out of my skin.

"jesus!" i turned to see asahi. "oh, it's you. well, close enough."

"what?"

i waved my hand.

"nothing. ugh, people keep asking me that."

"well, you seem a little down. i just wanted to check on you."

"yeah, thanks. before you ask, yes, me and ryū had an argument, but i'm sure it'll all be fine." i glanced over to where ryū was sitting by ennoshita. "at least, i hope so."

"well what exactly happened between the two of you?"

i shifted my weight a bit.

"i don't think i can tell you that."

"was it about me?"

i pursed my lips and tried to look anywhere but him.

i was surprised to hear him laugh.

"figures. it's okay, you don't have to tell me if you think it'd just make me feel bad."

i let out a huff of air.

"i mean, if you really wanna know, i guess you could always ask suga."

"ah, so that's what that was about."

"what?"

"last night i was in a call with..." he cleared his throat. "daichi and suga, and in the middle suga had to hang up because he said he was getting a call from you."

i blushed.

"right, yeah... makes sense that you would've already been in a call with him... urgh, why does everything suck right now?!"

i carded my hands through my hair, and asahi sat next to me.

"yeah, i get that. i kind of argued with daichi, and things are a bit awkward right now... so if you wanna talk about it... i mean, i know you said you wanted to take things slow right now... and also you don't want to tell me what you and tankaka argued about... and also the fact that one of the other things that sucks right now is probably me... hmm, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea after all."

i couldn't help but laugh a little bit at his genuinely concerned expression.

i shook my head.

"thanks for still caring so much, even though... well... despite everything that's going on right now. and if you wanna talk about anything... you said you argued with daichi?"