a cliché Park Scene

a/n: this chapter picks up about halfway through 'to be So Lonely'

.tanaka.

i had just listened to noya relate everything that had happened in his Talk with asahi, and i was a bit surprised at how casual it was, given how badly everything had gone last time.

although now that he had had his time to talk, i figured it was my turn.

"whoa... that's a lot. so i-"

alas, i was gravely mistaken.

"hang on, i have some bonus commentary including my thoughts and feelings on all that went down, then you can share your input on the situation."

i pinched my mouth and resisted the urge to roll my eyes, but i only succeeded about halfway.

"alright."

he nodded and begun relating his 'bonus commentary' on the situation.

i wanted to tune it out, but i knew he would want advice afterwards- as always- so i made sure to listen carefully and gave him the advice he desired afterwards.

"that's a great suggestion! you just keep getting smarter and smarter, don't you?"

"i guess? but anyway, we were going to talk about-"

"so you said i should distract myself... maybe i should do homework for once! i mean i am still feeling a bit high energy, so maybe i should use that and transfer it to my brain and get things done. you're the best! okay, bye!"

what the fuck? what The Actual fuck?! had he forgotten his promise from this afternoon?!

"wait a minute!" i yelled, not bothering to hide my annoyance.

"...what?"

"are you serious?! you don't even remember?!"

he looked a little nervous at this point, but i didn't have it in me to feel bad.

"...remember what?"

"god, i can't believe you! the thing with my... the ennoshita thing!"

"oh. that."

"yeah! 'that'! do you know how much it's been stressing me out these past four days?! i've been confused and scared and upset... and angry! angry at you!"

"...may i ask why?"

god, the way he was speaking right now really pissed me off.

"'may i ask why?'" i mocked. "what the fuck, dude?! i wouldn't have this problem if it weren't for you bringing it up! and you said you'd be there if i wanted to talk about it! even offered to talk this afternoon! but you forgot, and before that, you couldn't even be bothered apparently! you were so busy caught up with asahi, and venting to me, and asking for my advice... don't you think i wanted to talk about my problems too?! but no! obviously my feelings aren't as important as yours!"

"ryū, i'm sorry, we can talk now if you want-"

"save it! i'm too mad at you right now! just go do your homework or whatever, god knows your grade needs the help."

"wait! you can't-"

i didn't care what he had to say. i hung up.

i threw my phone over onto my bed and angrily paced around my room. i felt like steam was coming out of my ears, that's how angry i was. i didn't want this to happen, but... it was too late.

i punched the air and dug my fingers into my scalp. i wanted to scream, but my parents were home. so instead i threw myself onto my bed and screamed into my pillow to muffle the noise.