a Little Bit of angst,,, as a Treat

a/n: lmao can y'all tell i was sad when i wrote this? it was missing my friends hours 🥺💕 (i'm feeling better now tho 👌)

.nishinoya.

i know i had told kinoshita and narita to help me from being stupid, but...

i think i was gonna do the stupid thing anyway.

it was at the point in the walk home where they had to split off, and ryū had left early with chikara, so now i was alone with my thoughts, and i was feeling extra drained. as an extrovert, i liked to be around people, and it would probably be better to be around people right now given my already unstable emotional state.

i was currently sitting at a bus stop that was on the way home and was staring at my phone.

i had typed out, 'i miss you,' to asahi.

i stared at it, then deleted it.

i typed it again, and my finger hovered over the send button.

i deleted it again.

i covered my face for a minute.

i typed it again as fast as i could, and clicked send before i lost my nerve.

i sucked in a big breath, and long pressed the message, my finger hovering over the delete button.

i didn't press it.

i stared at my phone until the screen turned off, and another minute or two later, it lit up with a notification.

'asahi is typing...'

the screen went dark again, so i turned it back on and unlocked it. i opened my messages.

the three dots weren't there, but they appeared again soon.

i watched as they disappeared, then came back again.

finally, he sent a message back.

'i miss you too'

i felt a lump in my throat and i stood up.

fuck it.

i texted my parents that i'd be a little late getting home, and started running.

soon, i found myself standing outside asahi's house, panting, and resting my hands on my legs.

i straightened up and sent him another message, my lips trembling.

'come outside'

it didn't take long for him to reply.

'what? are you at my house?'

'just come outside'

i saw a curtain being pulled aside in a window on the upper level, and a small bit of asahi's face was visible. he looked surprised, which... didn't surprise me.

the curtain fell back into place, and a minute later, the front door opened and asahi came out to meet me.

the lump in my throat felt ten times worse seeing him, and i averted my gaze, blinking rapidly to try to stop the tears from coming.

"noya? why are-?"

i walked up to him and threw my arms around him.

he hesitantly hugged back.

"what's all this about?" he asked quietly.

i was afraid that if i talked, i would start crying, but i replied anyway.