kind of another Filler, Sorry

.tanaka.

it was nearly lunchtime, and god, morning practice had been awful. i mean, not entirely, but when noya burst out with that, "whatever you have to say to me, you can say in front of ryū," i almost lost it!

sitting in on that conversation was so awkward, oh my god, i kind of wanted to die.

then all of a sudden they decided to be on good terms? what's up with that? i decided to be friendly to asahi for now, because if that's what noya wanted-

"tanaka ryūnosuke!"

i jumped.

"it wasn't me!" i looked up, and saw noya standing there, rather than a teacher. "wait what?" was it lunch already? "how did you get here so quickly?!"

"i ran."

"okay, so what-"

"listen, bro, i'm having a tiny breakdown moment."

i sighed internally.

"oh boy. what's going on?"

"ugh, are the others here yet?" he asked, peering around.

every day for lunch, since we weren't all in the same class, we second years decided on whose classroom to meet in, and today everyone would be coming to my class. however, noya was the only who had shown up yet, since it was still so soon after the bell.

"nope, just you. you got here quick. you ran, remember?"

"right, yeah. so. the situation. it's asahi."

i groaned internally, getting more annoyed by the second. seriously?! i thought they were on 'good terms' again. i should've known that wouldn't last for long.

"again? i know you said not to mess up his face, but if i need to-"

"no, nothing like that, my brain is being stupid again."

yeah, mine too, but you don't see me complaining too much. well... not out loud anyway.

"how so?"

"this morning at practice... it was nice to talk to him normally again, but... it almost seemed too normal, ya know? like it's too soon for this, and we still need to work out more serious stuff, i don't know. and i still feel guilty for some of the stuff i said when we talked last night."

he avoided my gaze and shifted around in his chair as he said this. i knew he was seriously hurting here, so i pushed aside my annoyance to give some advice. and hey, maybe after i gave him advice, we could talk about my problem if the others hadn't shown up yet.

"i get where you're coming from, i mean all this is still really new and it probably feels like it's all happening way too fast. i think the best course of action is maybe try to avoid him for now if you feel uncomfortable, and talk to him seriously again later."

"how are you so good at this advice?"

i couldn't help but smile a bit at how earnest and sincere he was.

"not sure, i'm just sorta saying what seems logical."

"hey, by the way, earlier this morning, you mentioned your emotional turmoil. if you need to vent or want advice, go ahead, because i know i've been kind of dumping all my issues on you, but i haven't really been wondering how you've been doing with the ennoshita situation."

that surprised me a bit. he's finally owning up to his actions and offering to help me too!

"ah, right. that." i squirmed a little. "actually, don't feel too bad, because... um, you can't tell anyone, but i've been keeping a journal of sorts to vent my feelings? and saeko's actually been a help with this, surprisingly."