suga shoots asahi in the neck and is only A Little Bit Sorry

.sugawara.

daichi and i had hidden ourselves right around the corner of the gym with our nerf guns to make sure that asahi would say all that he needed to.

"i feel like we shouldn't be listening in on this," daichi whispered.

i shifted around a bit.

"yeah, it's a little weird, but he did specifically tell us to hold him accountable. plus, if last night was any indicator, he would've ended up telling us about it anyway."

daichi tilted his head.

"i guess you're right."

he kissed my forehead and i smiled softly.

"yeah, when am i not?"

"pfft, ok, now we need to be quiet so we can hear what's going on."

i nodded and turned my focus back to asahi and nishinoya.

///

"no, i... i feel like you're still not telling me something about why we broke up," i heard noya admit.

"oh... well, actually..."

i held my breath. here it comes.

...any second now.

...come on, asahi, you can do it.

almost there...

just say it.

but asahi didn't say anything, he just looked extremely indecisive (more than usual).

i rolled my eyes, and in the blink of an eye, loaded a dart, took aim, and fired.

yes! i hit my mark- right on his neck.

"ow!" he cried out.

i giggled quietly to myself, and started loading another dart, just in case.

then i felt daichi's hand on my arm.

"whoa whoa whoa, was that necessary?"

"he was hesitating," i pointed out.

"it's asahi, he always hesitates."

i considered this for a moment.

"fair point, but i just wanna make sure he's able to tell noya what's going on. and if i have to, i will shoot him again."

daichi rolled his eyes.

"alright, but i'm keeping a closer eye on you. you can't just go around shooting him every time he pauses."

"ugh, why not?"

"like i said, he always hesitates. what if he was mentally preparing himself to say it, then you shot him and broke the moment and he wasn't able to say it?

"hmm... well, i guess you're right."

he raised his finger, bopped me on the nose, and in a teasing voice, said, "yeah, when am i not?"

i rolled my eyes, but there was a smile on my face.

"yeah, yeah, now hush so we can hear them."

he nodded, and we fell silent again.

///

this time, for sure, asahi had to tell him. maybe he was saying it in a roundabout way, but he would get there eventually.

besides, daichi was still not allowing me to shoot him again.

"no, it wasn't- i mean, i don't think it was horrible. i just... it's gonna be new and weird, and-"