Chapter 3: "Just meat, please."

Tired, I headed for the first free table and settled down on the soft, supple cushion of the chair. No sooner had we both sat down than a waiter came in our direction and handed us the menus. 

 "Good evening, ladies," he said politely. He was about our age, maybe two years older. "Can I get you something to drink yet?" 

 "Yes. A large Coke for me, please," I ordered, as did Amy. 

 "Can I get you something to eat?" he asked now, grinning politely. 

 I did not have to think long to commit myself to anything. "Just meat, please." I didn't even think to take the trouble to formulate my order to suit the polite manners of the staff. 

 "I'll have the vegetarian option," Amy said, and the waiter left. 

 "You're in a bad mood," she said and then slid back and forth in her chair. "I'm not in a bad mood." 

 "Then you are being quite rude." All I could do was roll my eyes. "So much for I'm not in a bad mood." 

 "I'm not in a bad mood, okay?" I said a little louder and people moved their heads in our direction. 

"Yeah, no. Right. Can you behave yourself?", Amy hissed and I showed her the bird. "As if I would change just because I am among people who are all stiff as a board," I complained and the drinks were put down in front of us.

 Thirsty I took a big sip. "Mel, you have had a very good upbringing and it is not forbidden to show it," she continued to criticize and I moaned. " Amy, you're never like this otherwise. Most of the time you're the one who behaves completely out of line, so relax a bit and just be quiet for a moment. Ever since we got here, you've been acting like we need to act different." 

 She rolled her eyes and drank, too. "By the way, it's very bad when you drink Coke after your teeth whitening," I warned her and she swallowed hard. Her eyes got a little bigger and started to shine. 

 "Then I spent the money for nothing. What a shit. Fuck, fuck, FUCK!" she yelled and got up. I suppressed it immediately to start to snort, because the little vein at her temple was throbbing like wild and her face had taken on an unhealthy looking colour.

 We were again looked at in shock and some people shook their heads in indignation. Ashamed, she sat down again and smoothed her skirt. "Can you behave yourself?" I imitated her and she gave me a look that I could not quite place. That she was not exactly pleased was more than obvious. 

 I was still smiling when our dinner was put on the table. "Bon appétit," the guy smiled and left. The food was simply divine. The meat was tender as butter and even the vegetables were just delicious. 

 --- 

"That was delicious." We waited for the elevator to take us to our rooms. Amy was still embarrassed by her behavior and hadn't said a word since. 

When the doors opened and she swallowed violently, I was fed up. "Look, there are the Tiktokers!" I shouted and she pulled her head up. "Where?" she squealed and looked around. "Nowhere," I grumbled and shoved her into the suite. 

 "That's not funny!" she hissed and put her cell phone on the dresser. "But it is," I laughed and looked around. "And I certainly wouldn't be shouting like that if they'd been there."  

The whole arrangement was a mixture of old-fashioned and modern, which confused me a little as I entered the large room. At least I could skate on the shiny floor while Amy would spend far too much time in the bathroom.

 [Actually, there's carpeting in all the suites, but in my story there's just no one (: ] 

 I ripped open my suitcase, grabbed my board and jumped on it. With momentum I drove out of the room, straight into the kitchen. "Cut the shit," Amy starts screaming at me, pointing at my baby. 

 "Whoa, Amabella! Come down here. Since when have you been so insanely boring," I sighed and flipped the board up so that it landed in my hand. "Let's go to the bar, maybe you can relax a little..." 

 She shook her head. "No, let's have a bottle of red wine brought here," she suggested, stood up and called the front desk. A few minutes later, an employee of the hotel arrived and handed me the bottle, which I paid for immediately. Grinning, I brought it into the living room and held it up like a trophy. 

 "God, that flight was hell," she sighed and held out the glass to me. Generously I poured some of it into her, almost to the brim. Amy greedily drank some of it and gave me a glass as well. However, I shook my head and put the opening of the bottle against my mouth. 

 I was not really a wine drinker, but any form of alcohol was just what I needed. A glass would only be a hindrance. "Quietly," Amy laughed and took the bottle back from me. Insulted, I crossed my arms in front of my chest and let myself fall to the side into the sofa cushions. 

 After we had almost emptied the whole bottle and laughed a lot, we dragged ourselves into bed. Tomorrow... oh man, this would be a more than just a long day.