Chapter 18: "What was that?"

Soph POV:

"Say, how did you get into our suite anyway?" Tony asked and sat down opposite me at the table in the dining room. He was dry again by now and hadn't been upset about my little attack.

Smiling, I pulled a room card of the boys from my pocket. Between index and middle finger I held it out to him. "Sorry, but you really should take better care of these parts," I laughed and he took them out of my hand.

He mumbled something incomprehensible and put it in his pocket, then he shoved a fork of pancakes into his mouth.

More or less unobtrusively the other boys looked in their pockets for their room cards. Nick pulled his eyebrows together and leaned back. "Damn it," he whispered and ran his fingers through his curls.

"I left them - "

"in the bathroom." I finished his sentence and handed him his card. The others laughed. "Have you found anything else that doesn't belong to you?", he asked slightly offended, though he had to grin as well.

I thought for a moment. "Yes, indeed. Your wallet was stuck in the seat of the sofa," I noticed, whereupon he opened his eyes in shock. "I've been looking for this all the time!" he shouted and I handed it to him.

"Fortunately your head has grown, Nick. Otherwise, you'd be losing it somewhere."

---

it was evening already. We'd spent most of the day talking, because you could talk unbelievably well with the boys. "Let's play truth or dare," suggested Nick, who'd had a bit of a drink, like the rest of us.

We agreed. It'd been ages since I'd played this. In seventh grade, maybe, on a school trip to a place in nowhere - as usual.

"Let's make rules, though," Chase said. "Okay," I grinned. "If you don't want to answer the question or do the rough-up, you must either take off one item of clothing or do three shots."

Cheering we sat down in a big circle, the furniture had been moved to the side to have more room. An empty beer bottle would accompany us for the rest of the evening. First the opening pointed to Thomas, who took duty first.

Since Nick had been shooting he was allowed to decide about the task. The shots were already neatly arranged on the coffee table and waited to be drunk and burn in the throat. "Let's just start easy now: You have to... damn, we don't have enough girls... Um... you need... ugh..."

If this goes on, we'll still be here tomorrow. "Then you have to kiss Amy. No tongue," he decided. With a shrug of the shoulders Thomas went to my friend and pressed a kiss on her lips, whereupon she blushed slightly.

When Amy and I were allowed to choose the tasks the game got a bit harder and it didn't take long until the boys were all sitting there without shirts. Of course we had planned this, after all we wanted to take advantage of the fact that eight good looking and trained young men were sitting in front of us.

We had left the strange atmosphere between us behind and were now enjoying ourselves very much while doing the eight tasks with their jaws dropped.

And I mean the boys were already really hot. You just had to give them that. The bottle pointed at me, Tony had turned. "Duty," I decided, looking at him expectantly.

"This is only the second time you've been on, Soph. You're gonna do what the others had to do. You're gonna kiss someone. We'll see who the bottle picks," he said and turned again.

the bottle pointed at Ondreaz. Gently I went to him, then just sat down on his lap, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. His lips were warm and soft. His upper body was also warm and I felt comfortable immediately.

A slight flutter that I felt, like the flapping of the wings of thousands of butterflies, went through my body. A slight burning sensation emanated from his lips and spread to the tips of my feet.

It couldn't be. No, I must be wrong. I finished the kiss and looked Ondreaz in the eyes. The places where his fingertips touched my naked skin became warm and the hairs on my arms stood up.

Butterflies again. I've never been the type of person to blush and I was glad about that, because I would look like a tomato now, after Tay had cleared his throat. I quickly got up again and sat down on my seat

"What was that?" Amy whispered to me in surprise. "I don't know," I whispered back in shock. It frightened me. I couldn't just go and sit down in the middle of the road. I couldn't just fall in love with a star. I couldn't.

Carefully I looked at Ondreaz, who had thoughtfully pulled his eyebrows together and stared at the floor. My God, it was embarrassing. "Are you rolling, Soph?" Tony laughed and I nodded. "Um, yes, of course." I mumbled and bent over to move the bottle.

After a few rounds, she pointed at me again. "Truth," I decided this time. "What's been the best moment in the last few days?" Thomas asked me and I pondered briefly. To be honest, I was too proud to admit that this kiss simply surpassed everything I had experienced in the past months.

So I took off my T-shirt with a sigh and sat in my bra in front of the boys. I didn't mind that, as my male friends actually saw me in my underwear all the time. In disbelief I was looked at.

"That's the simple question!" said Louis and I shook my head. "I have my reasons," I smiled and could have cracked my skull. I have my reasons. It could hardly have been more obvious.

The next time it was my turn I took duty again and had to kiss Nick once and Tayler once, but I didn't feel anything with them. I could have cried right here and now. Because when Ondreaz had to kiss Amy it felt like little knife wounds, in the places where Ondreaz's body had touched mine.

I knew love wasn't easy. And these feelings just didn't have a future.