Chapter 48: "If only..?"

Ondreaz's POV: 

I was strolling down the Stree in LA. It was a rainy day and I'd just got off the phone with Soph. Even though my clothes were already soaked through, the sun was shining for me. 

 Actually I was not interested in anything here except the Applestore, because my display was fucked and I needed a new one. When I thought about the Applestore, my girlfriend immediately came to mind. At that time we hadn't been together for very long. The day we were in the city, in New York, I had laughed when she just stuffed her new phone in her pocket and threw the manual and packaging in the trash. 

 On this day we also met little Bella, through whom I realized how much I love Soph. Apruptly I stopped. At that time we had just walked past the shop I was standing in front of, but today I spent almost half an hour in front of it, looked around once to all sides, then took another deep breath and entered the small shop. 

 ---

 "Ready for your first present?", Sophasked me grinning and I nodded excitedly. She sat down at the piano that was standing in my room, the boys squatted on my bed, obviously as excited as I was. She put her fingers on the keys and started playing. A melody that I had never heard before. It was only when the first words came over her lips that I remembered our promise. 

"I was left in the faith: be cold, be strong." 

 Her voice was clear. It sounded like a chime. "Sarround the pain you've been through. Keep it in your heart. " The room was quiet except for the soft sounds that came through. "People told me, my fear would fight me, would bring me to my knees." 

 I was sure I'd never heard that song before. "But I realized they were wrong. 'Cause now I see, what makes me strong is acting how I meant to be. 'Cause I see the truth in all their lies 'Cause I see their's a light even in my piceous darkness Cause I see you "

 Her voice broke off and for a moment the piano playing was alone, until she started the second stophe with every word I got the feeling that this song was a bit too good for her and her life. That somehow it was a piece of her.

 "It's hard to accept the life you don't wanna live, to listen to the words you don't wanna hear, to walk the ways you don't wanna go, to pretend you're someone you don't wanna be.  They had a chance, they had a choice. They ruined my notions, they brought me to despair." 

 Her voice didn't sound broken, just emotional. And when I realized that this song was about her and her feelings, her life, tears came to my eyes. My vision became blurry and I blanked out everything around me. She was all I could see. 

As the last notes faded away, she slowly turned around and looked at me expectantly. A silence arose, which was immediately interrupted by the applause of the boys. "That... was beautiful," I whispered and kissed her with all the feelings I had for her. 

"You really wrote a song for me?" I asked her and she gave a slight nod. "One of your birthday presents," she smiled. "If only, right?" She laughed, I joined in and so did the others. As much as I wanted to celebrate my birthday with everyone, there was another reason they were all here, except Amy, because she had surgery. She had her wisdom teeth out.I realize that soon is Alex and Kouvr's Wedding.

*** 

"Kouvr, you look really beautiful," I smiled and stood next to Soph who was just doing the last brushstrokes on her face. Kouvr's make-up was not too conspicuous, subtle, but emphasized her merits. The dress was tight-fitting and at the bottom it ran a little wider, the train measured about three meters. 

 The dress, however, was rather short and was held in her pinned-up hair with the wedding present from us - Soph and me - two strands fell out of her hairstyle deliberately. The sleeves of the dress ended just below her elbow, with light lace trimmings that were lost along the length. She wore white high heels, which were also covered with lace. Her fingernails were decorated with mother-of-pearl lacquer. Niki handed her the bouquet, red roses surrounded by green stems and leaves.

 "Kouvr, we have to go to the hall now, Alex is waiting and we don't want him to lose his nerve. You still have five minutes," I explained and she took a deep breath. "I love you guys. I really do. Thanks for being here. It really means a lot." 

Soph had even put on a skirt, for Kouvr's sake, which matched the other girls' clothes. She wore flat shoes, though, Converse, but new ones, not the old worn ones. 

 We sat down in our seats and the music sounded, a soft piano playing. Soph had suggested playing, but she had wanted Kouvr close to her. Alex's eyes widened a little when he saw his still-fiancée, who was being felt down the altar by her father. 

He straightened his tie and swallowed. Radiant, he took her little hand, which was presented to her, into his and the two turned to the priest. The two took the oath of marriage, recited the words that were said to them and looked each other in the eyes without interruption. 

 ***

 The car drove away, Alex and Kouvr said good-bye to their honeymoon. 

They wanted to go to the ocean, to a hotel that was so remote that no one would find it and could disturb them. "There they go," sighed Soph with satisfaction. "Now I can finally take this stupid thing off." Although quite a few people were standing around us, she just pulled her skirt from her waist and stuffed it in her bag. 

She had actually worn shorts under it. Laughing, I gave her a kiss on the hairline. "Honestly, it was a terrible feeling," she grumbled and crossed her hands in front of her chest. "But it made Kouvr really happy. She almost started crying," I grinned and thought about how tears had actually come to her eyes when she saw Soph.

 "I beg you. Kouvr almost started crying with everything, no offense or anything. Her feelings wouldn't have fit in the church if she was portrayed as a mass, she was totally sensitive today, but beautiful. And she didn't smudge my masterpiece, which made me proud, I must say." Laughing we went back into the hall, the car of the two of them was long gone and it was getting cold outside. 

 But somehow it wasn't much better inside either. Soph was visibly annoyed by Mia's stories she was telling us. To be honest, I didn't really care what she had to tell us, after all I didn't like her very much. I didn't know why, but her proximity was unbearable and I really wondered what Thomas found in her.

 Lately, I had the feeling that they didn't love each other at all. That she was only together that they become more fame. Maybe the management forced her to stay together, but Thoams would have told us about that, wouldn't he? 

 Later we left the group and talked to Chase and Niki. With the two of them we actually couldn't stop laughing because Niki was one of the most amusing persons at the whole party.