Chapter 38: "no, everything is okey"

When I was woken in the morning by the unsightly sound of my old school alarm clock, I felt two strong arms clinging to my stomach. It was hopeless to free myself from this grip, I knew that by now. After all, I had slept next to him several times before and it had been a struggle every time. 

"ondre" I whispered and stuck him in the side. He muttered something incomprehensible and pulled me even closer. Well done, Soph. Gently, I stroked his cheek with my finger. Nothing. Sighing I bent over and kissed him gently on the lips. Already he opened his eyes. "So it's that easy after all," I grinned and pointed to his arms. 

 "Can I have my stomach back now?" He moved his lower lip forward, but let me go. "What time is it?" he asked hoarsely and blinked at the light that fell through the open curtains. "6:30," I answered and went into my closet. There I took out a pair of light jeans and a dark  top. Actually it was still much too cold for that, but I didn't let that be taken from me. After all, I was resistant to the cold. 

 I took out a college jacket with a grey denim vest and black leather sleeves, and a small backpack, which was also made of black leather, but fake and with some rivets. 

 Dressed I went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. 

 --- 

"But Soph, I want to come with you," Ondre sulked and prevented me from leaving for five minutes already. "Ondre, please. I have to go. You wouldn't find your way back anyway and I promised Manuel you wouldn't be seen. You can do so much here. Come on. I'll be back by 11:10," I tried to convince him. 

 But he shook his head. "You said yourself that we have to spend more time together," he countered, and I was honestly already far too late to have any more time to discuss now. "Do you think you can manage to orientate yourself?", I sighed and he grinned. "I think so, and if I can't, all I can say is, cheer up the GPS on my Phone." 

 I nodded once briefly, then I pushed down the door handle that I had been holding unfastened all along. "Guys, I'll see you later. If he's not here at 8:15, you call me, you got it?" I heard an affirmative mumble, then I left the apartment shaking my head. Ondre followed me. 

 When the door slammed shut with a loud bang, he was already at the elevator, but I took his hand with a smile and pulled him to the heavy steel door, which was the only one in this expensive apartment complex that was not of high quality or looked like it. "Stairs?" my boyfriend moaned and rolled his eyes. "You gotta exercise, sweetheart." 

 He stomped defiantly down the steps. From the penthouse all the way down, it was quite a few, and he was sweating when we got to the bottom. "I thought you worked out so much," I laughed and he ran his hair. "Yes, but not that much." 

 "Tell that to your six-pack," I said, and he pulled his shirt up a bit. "Yes, but not that much." I slapped him on the chest and took his hand again. Then he put on another pair of sunglasses and we left the staircase. At the reception there was Michael, the porter or whatever you wanted to call him. 

 "Oh, Soph. The repairman of your watch called. You can pick it up today," he said friendly as always and I threw him my car keys. "Could you please let Ryan do that. I don't have time for this," I asked him nicely and he nodded. "Sure. I'll call him. Have fun at work." 

 We thanked him and left the lobby, stepped out into the street. "Is this normal?" Ondre asked and showed behind him. "Yes, actually. I'm usually too lazy for that sort of thing and would forget about it anyway. Besides, it's her job," I shrugged and turned the next corner. 

 "And you're really not cold?" Ondre asked for the seventh time in the last ten minutes, I had counted. "No, I'm fine." We were already outside the restaurant.