Chapter 5: "Oh yeah, baby!"

Amy's nervous tic was almost unbearable. It was even worse than yesterday at the airport when she started squealing all the time. We were still in the elevator and the mirrors made it impossible to ignore her movements.

However, I could understand her excitement, after all she adored those boys and would meet them right away. She only watches the hypehouse, nothing else was running.

While Amy was top-styled as always, with extensive make-up and figure-hugging outfit, I was dressed rather plain and had my skateboard with me. I wore simple dark grey sweatpants , a white crop top and my black, white and brown Nike blazer.

I wore my hair loose. My wrists were covered by bracelets. The board was in my hand and jammed between my arm and my hip.

(Soph's Outfit: the pictures above )

As usual I only wore natural make-up, no glitter, no lip gloss, just mascara and eyeliner. "Is everything okay, sweetie?", Amy asked me when she noticed my critical look. "Sure." I said and that was the absolute truth. I had just made some other plans for the holidays.

When the doors of the elevator opened I jumped on the board and went through the lobby. People gave me stunned looks, which I deliberately ignored. If we paid so much for the hotel, then it wasn't so bad if I rolled around the lobby a bit.

Amy, after I had only driven a few more loops as a provocation, held the door open for me as usual and I drove to the parking lot where our car was already waiting. The car resembled a small limousine.

"I can "t believe it. I'm about to meet the Hypehouse," she whispered, waving her hand in front of her face. "Please don't tell me you're gonna cry over this..." Her eyes actually sparkled. "Simply impossible," I murmured and leaned back in my seat. She'd ruin all her make-up if she didn't pull herself together now.

The rest of the ride was relatively quiet as Amy tried not to cry and I simply had nothing to say. I leaned my head against the cold glass of the window and watched the rain that was pouring down on her. The beautiful weather of this morning was blown away.

Somehow I thought it was mean that I would meet the boys, even though I didn't even know them and others wouldn't have a chance.

---

The backstage area was quite comfortable. There was a table set, because the boys would probably be hungrier than me when they came from the stage. . We could watch the performance on a screen, but I was busy elsewhere and Amy was running up and down the whole time.

(imagine like Magcon, is the performance. Lopezbrothers dancing, Tayler singing, Nick is doing tiktoks with fans).

The boys were just perform their last dance together, even I heard that. Tickets had not been there at the meeting, because it was not only one hour, but until they would drive back to their hotel.

I had been playing a war game on my Iphone for two hours and had snuggled up on the sofa, which seemed to be quite big. It was gigantic to be honest, which was probably due to the fact that 10 people were supposed to fit on it. Had they brought it all the way here?

My skateboard rested under my feet and sometimes I pushed it back and forth when I wasn't too busy looking for victims to shoot. I didn't notice much of the show, because Annie was mumbling to herself the whole time, but it didn't sound that bad. Just not quite my taste.

Suddenly she stopped her hibernation and stood still as if rooted to the ground. "They are coming in a moment. The show has just stopped. Stop your game," she said frantically and waved her hand in my direction.

"I can't stop now. I'm almost through with the game," I mumbled and killed two armed men. "Oh, forget it." She snorted. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. They're coming," she squealed and tried to breathe evenly, but failed miserably.

You could already hear male voices coming closer and closer. I really didn't mind if someone was a fan of person or something, but Amy was already nineteen and raised the average of the fans considerably. After all the others were about five years younger.

Immediately afterwards there was a loud scream, which of course came from her, and I missed my target and got two hits in my vest for it. Without looking up I began to reprimand her: "Oh god, Amy! Please stop screaming like that. You made those fuckers hit me!"

There was a moment of silence, then she screamed again and I rolled my eyes. This girl really got to me. You could hear her holding one by one and the boys laughing.  "Where's Nick?" she asked. Of course she did. Of course, he wasn't there, of all people. "He'll be along," one of them said, still laughing. When we heard another voice, it started to scream again.

"Damn it, Amy. If you keep shrieking like that, then one of your gods will tear your eardrum and you will be chased forever by a hundred thousand angry fang-girls, because you are responsible for the shows being cancelled. So pull yourself together and let me finish my playing in peace," I grumbled loudly and an embarrassed silence reigned.

Although my gaze was stubbornly directed at my smartphone, I knew that everyone was staring at me. "Did I miss something?", an unknown voice now asked and I heard it inhaled again. "Amy...", I warned her and she actually kept her mouth shut.

With a rumble something landed on the floor and I looked up briefly. It just looked incredibly funny, the way she lay on top of a guy with brown hair and snuggled up against him. You could just roll your eyes over that and I went back to my game.

"Okay, so your name is Amy. And your friend?", one of the boys asked. I heard her stand up and then breathlessly squeeze out a "Soph". As a greeting I raised my hand once and then took it down again.

"Not a fan, it seems," one of them said and I could not resist saying "Well spotted." I was only thirty points short. Only three more shots and I'd finally be done with the game.

"Oh yeah, baby!" I yelled and jumped up.  I had finally done it. I had finally cracked the game and put my cell phone in my pocket with a grin on my face after I finished my little joy dance. All nine pairs of eyes were directed at me.

Amused, they looked at me and Amy seemed quite pissed off, but I stood up to her annoyed look and it was she who gave up. Triumphantly I raised my eyebrows twice briefly and then looked at the eight boys.

I straightened my shirt again and took a step towards them and reached out my hand to each of them once. "Hi. I'm Soph. Um..."

I tried in vain to match up the names. Nick, I got that. But it was only because of the picture of Amy. Maybe I really should have spent some time with the ten of them first. Awkward.

The boys were laughing. "I'm Tayler," introduced the guy closest to me, cute. "My name is Chase," said the guy next to him. "I am Tony," laughed the dark-haired man. I liked his hair. "I'm Alex," the blond said. "and I am Thomas". "I am James".

"I am Ondreaz," the last guy whose name I couldn't place, nice jacket, smiled. "And I'm Nick," grinned the one Amy had knocked down. "Don't have a very firm stand, eh?" I teased him and he looked at me a bit offended. My friend was smiling to herself.

"Okay, I think I prefer the hardcore fans after all," he grumbled and looked at me challengingly. Was that supposed to come across as hurtful? "It's okay with me," I shrugged.

All right, Mel. The friendlier you are, the faster time will fly. You don't have to get along with them. You just have to make time pass and make sure that Amy can enjoy it, I said to myself several times to avoid any unnecessary comment from my side.

That could be difficult...

(I only took these 8 guys, without the girls, although I love them. I hope that's okey)