Chapter 32. "Men lose their pride when they spend too much time with girls "

Soph's POV:

Never thought I'd ever sit down with the boys from the Hypehouse and actually enjoy it. You could have such great conversations with them and, if you took the time to consider them as more than just stars, they were easy going, people who were as down to earth as Amy and me.

And I was even a couple with one of them, and couldn't have been happier. I snuggled even closer to Ondreaz's chest and enjoyed his closeness and warmth. "What's wrong?" he laughed. Sighing, I looked up at his face. "I still can't quite believe all this," I whispered and then looked around again. Smiling, he stroked me over the shoulder with one hand and pulled me even closer.

I didn't even want to think about leaving him in three days. Then we would be apart for more than two months and we would not be able to see each other. And yet I did. I quickly put that horrible idea aside. I could still enjoy every second with him.

We decided, as it got late, to watch a movie and then go to bed. I wasn't really interested in the movie, since I had already seen it. So we cuddled or kissed all the time. "Get a room!" laughed Tony and we parted with a grin. Ondreaz pressed a single short kiss on my lips, then we looked at the screen again.

I reached for his hand and he automatically interlocked his fingers with mine. This feeling was so breathtaking that I would never give it back so quickly. And it felt so indescribably right that I had no doubt whatsoever that it was a good decision.

When the film was over, we dragged ourselves into Ondreaz's room. I'd already had my toothbrush for a week in the boys' suite so I wouldn't have to go over there again. I scrubbed my teeth and grabbed my brush. "May I?" Ondre asked and pointed to it. Smiling, I nodded.

Carefully, he began to run it through my hair. "I've always wanted to do that," he whispered and I saw in the mirror that he actually enjoyed it. "Why haven't you ever done it with your ex?" I asked and he sighed. "she was too vain for that"  I shrugged.

"Well, you can do it now. And she really missed something. It's a really nice feeling," I smiled. "One of life's pleasures is to have your hair brushed," we quoted in the choir from one of my favourite films. "You've seen letters to Julia?" I asked, laughing. He nodded. "Yes, the film is really beautiful," he admitted.

"I saw it with the boys. You must know that we men are actually big fans of such films. We're just too proud to admit it," he said. "Matt always watches those films with me and he actually said exactly the same thing," I said, smiling. That he admitted something like that, I thought it was remarkable. Not many people did. But when I look at my circle of friends...

Daniel was one of those typical bad boys - with a big heart -, he very rarely watched movies and he wasn't really picky when we met seven of us and had movie nights. Ben was one, too, but he had admitted that he didn't think such movies were that bad. Chris was rather normal and his girlfriend used to make him watch tearjerkers, so he lost his fun and Mark was our glue that kept us from making the really big mistakes. He could be impressed by almost any shit and he enjoyed it, but he was the only one of us who could see the border. He was actually always satisfied when we watched romantic movies as long as they remained realistic.

Okay, my friends hadn't even bothered to deny that they were into it. Good to know...

"What are you thinking about?" Ondre asked and I shook my thoughts aside. How embarrassing. Practically, I didn't blush. "About men trampling on their pride when they spend a lot of time with girls," I replied and he started laughing. "It's interesting what you think about..." I nodded. Yes, it is.

"Who is Erin Falker?" At the mention of his name, I winced. "He's a kid from my school." It sounded more like a question than an answer. I knew Ondreaz would go for it. "Okay, here we go."

Sighing, I let myself fall on the bed. "Erin Falker was a level below me and just disgusting. He smelled of manure and his hair was just greasy every damn day at school. He always wore his clothes too big, they didn't fit together and generally he always wore two different shoes. All in all he was just a loser, as mean as that sounds.

I stood with the gang in the schoolyard and had a fight with Chris, so it wasn't real but faked. At one step I accidentally ran into him and grabbed his shoulders to keep from falling over. I backed off quickly when I realized who it was. But by then it was too late and the guy was hypnotized.

It was never like those classic high school movies at school. There was no one popular and everyone knew who everyone looked up to. There was no king of the school. But we fucked up so much that we weren't exactly unrecognized, at least two levels above and below us. Anyway, since I had touched him, he stood on me and made me feel it.

Every single day since that event he came to our table and gave me a strawberry glazed donut. I hate strawberry frosting. He always wanted to carry my books, tried to start a conversation, threw notes in my locker and even sent me flowers. The guy wrote me poems! Not very good ones, mind you.

At some point I couldn't take it anymore and yelled at him to leave me alone. From then on he started crying every time he saw me and changed schools a year later because my sight would cause him such pain. I got rid of him and everyone was happy. However, I can't forget his name and I am afraid to forget it, because every time he came back, someone warned me by saying his name and I quickly took off. I tell you, once it's in your head, it's never out."

When I finished, he laughed. "Aww, poor Erin Falker." I flinched again. I punched him in the arm. "Cut it out," I laughed, and he joined in. "I'm just kidding, too. Oh, yeah: OW?!" I had to laugh even harder. "Whoa, Kids, now give me a break!" Nick moaned from the next room and we lay under the covers with a silly grin on our faces.