Chapter 14. "Oh, shut up."

Soph's POV. 

 After Tony finally came back, we headed downstairs and got off at the food court. There wasn't much activity as most of us ate early. And since none of us got out of our beds before nine - ten was more likely - we didn't have to worry too much about people we might disturb.

 "Say, Soph" Tony said to me. I looked at him with a questioning look. "How do you style hair so well?" he asked and a smile crept across my face.

 "Have I ever mentioned my brother? Matt?" I glanced around questioningly. "I guess so," it came from Alex. "He broke his arm once, and he didn't get his hair right. So I took care of that," I explained with a shrug of my shoulders. 

 --- 

"Tay?", I asked, somewhat indignantly. "You don't ask such things,"Tony added, looking at his buddy reproachfully. "Whoa, sorry," the accused grumbled and poked around in his fruit salad. "I'm just curious."

 Eye-twisting, because it couldn't be more typical, I shook my head, but laughed. "Come on, now that we're on the subject. Guess what. Write it on a napkin," I suggested and immediately they scribbled something on the white cloths, some of which had indefinable stains. 

 As soon as they were finished, I collected them all and looked at all the estimates. 

 70B, Chase and Thomas had written. "Sorry, Boy. There youare f- ", a bit rudely interrupted by Tay. "We still have a score to settle. For the one closest." 

 I was thinking. "Let's do it this way. We'll play hide and seek at the hotel later. I know a pretty good hiding place here, the best one comes with me," I suggested and the boys seemed satisfied, although it wasn't a very big bet.

 "Well, Chase and Thomas, you're wrong." I looked at the next note. 85C, Tayler. "Just missed, Tay," I winked and he sulked. Sorry, but cup sizes really aren't my strong suit. But I'm a good loser ;) you're a really great friend ♥ Ondreaz 

Grinning I looked at him. "thanks" I smiled and slipped the napkin into my jacket pocket.

80D, James & Alex . "Sorry guys, but it's wrong" I said.

 I took the last estimate. 80C, Tay is like that sometimes, but basically a great guy, Tony :) Stunned, I put the napkin down. 

"Damn, Tony, how you know that?" But instead of answering me, he just waggled his eyebrows.

 --- 

"Damn it, Tony, come on." I laughed as this strange-looking guy did pirouettes in the hallway. Ondreaz's voice was only faintly audible, but I didn't want to be found before we had even reached the hiding place. "...25, 26, 27, 28..." 

 Sighing, I pulled him around the corner and opened the stairwell door. "Why do we have to go this way. We could just take the elevator. It would be much faster. Tayler did that too," complained Tony and I jogged up the first few steps. 

 "If we take the elevator, Ondreaz will know which floor we went to. Bet Tayler is the first one found." Sighing, he curled around the bend.

 "And why can't we just go down?" he kept on whining, and he seemed like a little kid. A damn hot little kid. "Because stop and come on. You can keep complaining when we get there." 

 If you can even find the words to say anything then. 

 He came snorting after me and dragged himself up the stairs. "You really seem to be better," he puffed as we almost reached my destination. "I'm not going to be broken so easily. Not even my own body. At least not for long," I said and breathed out loud. 

 "Hellooo?", I heard Ondreaz's voice from below and my heart beat faster. "So much for your great plan," Tony said. "Oh, shut up," I grumbled and went to the ladder hanging on the wall. 

 Although this made the pain come back and I almost missed the next rung, I could barely pull myself together. Maybe next time I should throw plates on the floor when I'm angry. 

 I quickly climbed on, Tony followed me. We were now standing on a small platform and, if I remember correctly, there was a small door here. Quickly I pushed the handle down and crawled through it. It was just big enough for both of us to fit through. 

 Cold wind blasted into my face and made me freeze for a moment, but then I blinked at the sticking cold air and marveled at the view. 

 We were on a roof overhang. New York lay before us, a beautiful city. "Wow," Tony whispered and stood beside me. Fascinated, he bent over the railing and looked silently over the scenery that presented itself to us. 

 I knew he wouldn't find the words.