Chapter 57: "yes."

"Oh, my God! I'm sooo nervous!" I yelled and waved my hand in front of my face. Lou had agreed to do my make-up and it looked just adorable. She was already done with the hairstyle. She had braided the front parts back and put them into the elegant bun. Several strands fell out in curls, so it didn't look too elegant. It was the perfect hairstyle for someone like me. 

 "Now hold still, Soph! This is unbearable. You complained to me all the time, now chill your tits and sit still," Kouvr grumbled and pushed me into the chair so I wouldn't run around the room all the time. 

 I took a deep breath and nodded. "Do you think they'll come?" I asked Matt, who had tears in his eyes the whole time. "I honestly have no idea." My hands began to shake and he took me in his arms. "But I hope so."

 *Flashback* 

One last time, I read through the lines I had written over and over and over, that I had read over and over again. I'm still not sure if I should actually send the letter. 

 Hi Dad,

 This is a very special letter and it means a lot to me. 

 You're right to say that you screwed up a lot, but everyone has the right to get a second chance. I have been thinking for a long time about whether I am ready to let you back into my life in this way, but I thought that this might be the last and best way for us to find our way back to each other. 

 A very important day is coming up. Much earlier than I had thought and I can hardly wait until it is finally here. Alone when I think about it, my heart starts beating faster and my breathing accelerates. And I have to smile. No, grin. 

 In the envelope, you will find two invitation cards to Ondreaz and my wedding. Amelie doesn't need one. It would mean a lot to me if you came to do the job a father always does at a wedding. I officially ask you to give me away.

 I hope you'll come.

Sophia

 I put the two tickets in the envelope and seal it. My legs are carrying me to the elevator and down to the reception. Ryan smiles at me and I hand him the envelope. "Please send once," I bring it out and Ryan receives it.

 Now there's no turning back... But I want no turning back. This is the way it's supposed to be.

 *Flashback end*

"The ceremony will begin in just half an hour. If they're not there by then, then someone else has to lead me down the aisle," I sighed and began cracking my fingers. 

 "Stop that! It makes me arrogant!", Jess complained and held my hands. "Ben?," I asked and looked at my best friend who had arrived this morning with the rest of the gang. He looked up and looked at me questioningly.

 "Would you mind walking me down the aisle if my father doesn't come back? There's no way Matt would be able to." I looked at my brother, who was nodding violently. "She's right, I couldn't handle it. I'm honestly already overwhelmed with being her best man, as happy as I am about it, but I've never been able to cope with responsibility." 

 Ben took a deep breath. "But of course." he said, and I fell into his arms. I knew I had made the right decision with him. I knew him the longest. He was my best friend. I knew everything about him, he knew everything about me. I even told him about the child. 

 I had not been sure at first, because I wanted to tell Ondreaz before the others knew, but I had no other choice. After all we had formed a blood brotherhood and so I was obliged to tell him every little secret. 

 This might sound stupid, but it was important to me. He was one of the most important people in my life and he deserved to take over such an important task if my father would let me hang.