Chapter 16. "I thought I knew."

"Single, yes or no?" I asked around.

 I had been getting to know the guys this way for almost two hours and I was slowly running out of questions about things that really interested me, so I had already reached this point and asked about the relationship status of the six. 

 "In a relationship. Her name is Kouvr," Alex grinned. "Single," sighed Tony. "And has been for longer than I care to admit. I am still waiting for my princess." "I'm single too", added James. 

 I looked back with a pitiful look, then turned to Tayler and Chase, whose eyes lit up before the had even said a word. "Recently single.." 

 "It's been about six months since I ended my last relationship," James grinned."Single" answerd Ondreaz.  

Now it was my turn. "Single again for months."

 I'd had a boyfriend for three years, a long time. But through college we lost track of each other more and more, until finally we broke up. It was mutual, we just weren't happy, not in love like we were. 

 After another half hour I really ran out of questions. "Okay, I'm done. I can't think of anything else." 

 Chase smiled. "You haven't asked one of the most obvious questions yet." He waved his eyebrows. 

 "Which is what?"

 "Lost your virginity? When where how?" 

 I snorted away. "HOW?!" I laughed so hard my muscles tightened painfully. "I certainly don't want to know, thanks."

Tay tried to save the whole thing and corrected the question. "How old should be enough."

 I sat up and sighed. "Sixteenth," I replied succinctly. Tony jumped up and held out a hand to Tay. "Hah, I won." Tay reluctantly handed over 20 pounds, which Tony grinningly collected and slipped into the pocket of his pants.

 "You bet on me?" I asked indignantly, pushing my lower lip forward. "I'll get you both back for this," I murmured and sighed. Idiots. "Guys, I'm hungry," I said and stood up. My joints cracked with pain and I squint my eyes. The injuries still bothered me. 

 The others nodded affirmatively and together we went down for dinner. It was again quite late, so we sat almost alone in one of the huge halls and took a look at the map. 

 Like the first evening I ordered meat. My stomach was already growling and the food was long in coming. After hours that felt like hours, three waiters came to our table and placed our order in front of us. 

 Greedily I threw myself on my steak and shoved a bite into my mouth. Fast - much too fast - half of it was gone. When I looked up I was looked at in disbelief. The others had hardly eaten anything yet.

 "Aren't you hungry?" I asked after I swallowed. "Yes, we are." said Thomas and immediately started to complain about his noodles. "But yours seems to be bigger," Ondreaz and Tony laughed and Tay just grinned at me. 

 "Sorry, but I haven't eaten all day!" I defended myself and continued eating, shaking my head. When we were all full, we went upstairs and opened the door. 

 Backwards I ran into the room ahead of the others. "I tell you... this movie is really good! You have to...", I couldn't get any further, because someone behind me started screaming. Shortly afterwards my whole body ached, because someone was pressing me so hard from behind that all the air left my lungs.

 I cried out in pain and immediately the person disappeared from me. "Shit, Soph. I'm so sorry," sobbed my attacker. I turned around and in front of me stood Amy - of course - with tears in her eyes, who looked at me sadly and apologetically. 

 "I should never have said that. "That... I don "t know. It just slipped out," she sobbed and I saw that she was sorry. But I wasn't satisfied with that. An apology was not enough. What she had done was just too much.

 "Somewhere the words had to come from. You wouldn't have said that if you didn't feel that way inside you,' I hissed and pushed myself past her, turning my back on her. "A - but Mel. "A - but Mel. no, I... I don't think that way. You know how much you mean to me," she said and came at me. 

 "I thought I knew. Until the night before last." Tears came to my eyes. No one had hurt me that much in years. Once more I had realized that the saying was perfectly true: The people you love can hurt you most. 

  "Sophia, you're my sister! I love you like one. And we fight like brother and sister. You say things you don't mean. I know you and I know that after something like this, an apology is not enough. I know you need time, and I'm gonna give it to you. 

 But please remember that you know how much I regret saying that. Because you know exactly. You know me better than I know myself, and you know I only said that because I was jealous. I can get jealous real quick.

 Don't make it any harder than it already is. I didn't mean to hurt you, and I know how much I did. And I'm sorry for that, okay? I'm incredibly, incredibly sorry and I'm asking you to forgive me." 

 Her voice was broken more and more. For a moment I struggled with myself. I wanted to turn around and just shake my head. Told her I couldn't forgive her. Because that was what she deserved.

 But I had never been able to stay angry with her for long. And it was no use. It would only make things worse than they already were. Slowly I turned around and I pushed her. Immediately her arms wrapped around my body and she laid her head on my shoulder.