Chapter 58: "Three. Two. One. We push."

Ondreaz  POV: 

Nervously I looked at my hands, which I had interlocked. My fingers ached because I kept cracking my knuckles. I looked at the ring that closed around my finger as if its place had always been there and immediately thought of Soph.

 However, I quickly had to put the thoughts of my wife aside again, because the people in front of me were waiting for me to say something. They held up cameras, mobile phones and dictation machines. Ready to write down every word, they held pens and had their laptops open in front of them. 

 It was the press conference that was to be about the hype house's next steps. Albums, tours, films, merchandising, the whole programme. 

 I cleared my throat and adjusted the microphone so that I spoke directly into it. "Three years lie behind us that have completely changed our lives and ourselves. A lot has happened since our first TikTok and we can't thank our fans enough for everything they have done for us. Without them it would never have come this far and we thank them far too rarely. We've seen so much of the world, changed our dance style a little bit with every Tour. With our music we have also grown up and learned what it means to take responsibility and to maintain relationships over long distances. But there were also dark sides. Often we were homesick and just wanted to go home, throw everything away. It was hard to be separated from us for so long from the people we spent our whole life with and we suffered from seeing our families getting sadder with every day. There were times when the pressure just got too much for us. We doubted ourselves and our music and dances, but we kept going, because it was what we wanted from the beginning, so we did everything. No matter how hard it was. We never lost the fun of what we were doing, except for those few moments. And after all this time, we have to make sure that we keep enjoying it. We no longer have a private life and are never there for the people who always supported us - apart from our fans of course. And we are afraid that we will lose the fun in what we actually love so much. So we're not here to announce our new tour or a new album, but our break."

 An excited murmur went through the ranks. I looked at the other four with uncertainty and they nodded their heads in encouragement. Already the first calls were made, messages were written, notes were taken. It took a while until calm returned. Everything had been cleared with the management. In the contract we had agreed to stay together for three years, a new album every year, at least one tour for each album and  our TikTok Shows, we had fulfilled every single criterion to take a break now. 

 "How long will this break last?" was the first question from a woman who had been chosen by an employee. 

Tayler took the floor. "We don't know for sure yet and we don't want to commit ourselves. Maybe in a year we'll say we've had enough. Maybe five years from now we're still not ready to start again. It depends on how much we need to recover. We will still live in the Hype House together but we won't go on Tour and meet so many Fans of all over the world."

 Next question. "How do you think the fans will react?" 

Tony was the one who responded. "It really hurts us to disappoint our fans like this, but we need this break. I think they're gonna be shocked, angry - definitely. But I'm sure they'll understand. It may take time, but they will understand." 

 Next question. "Can your fans still hope for new music and new TikToks?" 

Chase did the answering. "Like I said, it all depends. If we feel like going back into the studio and recording new songs, we'll put out an album, there's no way we'll tour. But again, we're not promising anything. And sure we are doing Tiktoks. It is possible that one week we are not in the mood to dance or make funny stuff but it's sure that tiktok will always be a big part in our life" 

 "Did your girlfriends have anything to do with this? Is it because of them that you are taking this break?"

 It was Nick's turn. "No. They have nothing to do with this. From the beginning, it was all our decision, and our girlfriends have had no influence over us in this matter. They all want what's best for us, so don't try to talk us into anything." 

 After three hours the press conference was over and we headed back to the hotel. .

Soph is moving in the Hype House in LA and Amy would move to England to rehabe.  

 At the airport we all stood together in the circle. "Put your hands in the center." whispers Chase. "Here we go," demanded Nick.

Tay: "Three." 

Tony: "Two." 

 I say, "One." 

 We raised and lowered our joined hands as we did so, then we all said together, as quietly as never before. "We push."

the next chapter will be the last. I hope you all liked it. Thank you for all the support!!