Chapter 28. "What's going on?"

Four days later:

Tony's POV:

We had accompanied Soph to put the stitches out, although she had said several times that it was not necessary. But now that she is a couple with Ondreaz,  of course, he accompanied her, and I had promised her that I come too, at the hospital. Amy also wanted to be there and as Nick had not been there the last time, he also came along.

Chase and Tay insisted as well, because they had never seen anybody being pulled strings before, so they were there too and rest didn't want to be alone either, so they came with us too. "You're all mad," she had said, and I couldn't really blame her.

In the end, only Ondreaz was allowed to come along, so all the effort had been in vain, but she had said that it wasn't really exciting. On the way back she seemed tired. "That really hurt like hell," she just said and then leaned on Ondre's shoulder.

"You two... are such a cute couple." 

Ondreaz had just been to the gym with Tay, Chase, James and Thomas. Me, Alex and Nick, we renounce the training and made ourselves comfortable on the sofa instead. Soph kept us company but got a phone call and disappeared into the kitchen for some peace and quiet. "Oh, hey," she said, her voice slightly raised and happy, almost euphoric

. . . "Oh, yeah, I thought so. . . " Already she sounded depressed, the good mood seemed to follow. The phone call lasted less than half a minute.

 "No, no, that's okay, really." ... "I'm used to it, don't worry about me." ... "Oh, um, yeah ... It's a pity, but it can't be helped. Why so early?" I heard her trying to be kind, to hide her grief, not to be unkind. 

 ... "Yes, that's understandable." ... After that she said nothing for a long time, the more shocking was the sentence that followed. "Go to hell," she hissed, and I was sure I had never heard anyone talk with so much coldness and hatred in my life. Afterwards a loud banging could be heard and already in the next moment she rushed past us, tears had formed in her eyes.   

Confused I called after her, but by then she had already disappeared. I went into the kitchen, there I saw her cell phone lying in a corner, so broken that it was impossible to use it. She had actually thrown it on the floor. When I looked carefully at the screen, I saw in the call log that she had been on the phone with her mother. When I picked it up, it went dead and most of the case broke off. 

 I put the rest of her phone on our coffee table and Nick stared in amazement at the pile of junk that was hard to define as a cell phone. "What's happening?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "How should I know? She did that." He shook his head. "And why?"

 "I don't know. I think I'll go look for her," I said and ran out of the suite. I already had a hunch where she might be. I quickly got to the elevator and went up the first floor.   

But when it opened and someone got in, I didn't want to wait and went up the stairs, although I doubted I was even a second faster. Arriving at the top, and completely out of breath, I climbed up the thin rungs of the ladder that started a metre above the ground and crawled through the small door. I hadn't even noticed that it had started to rain.  

And there she sat, pressed against the wall, looking down at the ground. She was already completely soaked from the rain and her hair had curled through the moisture. Drops were running down her face in entire rivulets and I still saw that she was crying. She was trembling all over her body and her look was so hateful and empty that it gave me goose bumps.  

I went to her, sat down next to her. Without any warning she collapsed, her upper body tilted to the side, right into my lap. She sobbed and trembled and I wanted to know what was going on, but she looked so hurt that not a word came over my lips.

  I stroked her soothingly over my shoulder and pressed her closer to me. On the one hand because I could comfort her better that way, on the other hand because she was warm and I was freezing again. 

 When she had calmed down somewhat, she straightened up again and took a deep breath.  

"Would you like to tell me about it', I asked her, with her lips pressed together she managed to nod. "Shall I get Ondreaz?" She shook her head. "I'll tell him about it later, I don't want him to see me like this," she whispered and slowly but surely a storm began to rage around us.  

The air seemed thinner and at the same time it pressed on us. In the sky the clouds formed a huge formation, which soon covered every bit of light blue and did not let any sunrays through. 

 It took her a few more minutes to get her breathing under control, then she pulled herself together and wiped her face. "All right," she said and began to tell me quietly about the phone call.