Chapter 27. "I can read it in her eyes."

Tony's POV : 

Soph had disappeared with Ondreaz into his room, and there was only murmuring. I decided to check on them, partly out of curiosity, partly because the slap this morning had done me a hell of a lot of good and I wanted to know if I had reason to do it again. 

 Unfortunately I didn't, because they were standing on the balcony and kissing each other. My brother's fingers were intertwined with hers. Smiling, I took out my mobile phone and took a picture, then I disappeared again. "I think she's grabbed it," I laughed and the others looked up. 

 "Really?" asked James and jumped up. Grinning, I showed them the photo and they laughed. "Well, they took their your time," it came from Amy, who was happy for her friend. "And how." sighed Chase. It took another ten minutes, then the two of them came hand in hand and sat down in the circle again without saying a word. 

"Sooo...", said Soph, with a smile on her slightly swollen lips. "Now that we're at it... you wanted to set us up," she hissed and I felt quite caught. "Um, no," said Chase, not very convincingly. But her look flitted to Amy. She tried to avoid her gaze. But the two had known each other for so long that it was no use. 

 "Ohh, this will be revenge," she smiled. At the thought of the other day, the cold shower, it shook me. "We just wanted to show you how you feel about each other," Nick defended our plan and looked at her begging. I admitted that I wasn't exactly dying to mess with her. I don't know, she was pretty straightforward and you just did what she wanted without even realising it. 

 "You could have done a lot better," she kept criticizing our dome arts and I couldn't blame her... we hadn't really been very good at it. 

 "But let's move on to something completely different," she then smiled. "Nick, Amy, what's going on between you?" she asked with a critical look. The two of them felt uncomfortable in any case and now that she said it I noticed that there was something to it. 

 "Well... um...", Nick continued. "We get on pretty well. So friendly," said Amy and Nick nodded. "Yes, somehow we're on the same wavelength and we can talk quite well," he added and I raised one eyebrow. 

 "Okay, and when did you kiss for the first time by mistake?" she asked further and put that in clear quotation marks by mistake. Again the two felt uncomfortable and I wondered how she knew such a thing. 

 'I can read it in her eyes', she now said to me. Was she able to read thoughts. "Nope," she said and now I was really confused. "Guys, you're all so transparent," she laughed, and maybe she was right. 

 "Of course I do," she smiled. Desperately, I threw my hands in the air. "You're thinking out loud, sweetie," she whispered to me, and that sounded at least mildly plausible. "Well, it was the day after the meeting. Never do that again," Amy replied. 

 And why did I not believe her. "Because she's lying," Soph hissed, stressing every word. "Damn it, Sophia!" shouted her friend in outrage. "It's okay, it was just one more time," Soph said and we looked at her. Amy nodded. "Yes, it's probably true. But not after this." 

 Okay, Soph was something of a genius, if you could put it that way. The way she could interpret body language was just incredibly crass. It's what I sometimes wished for in guys when they were embarrassed. Because then they were always silent and, unfortunately, nobody knew what they thought. 

 The sun began to rise slowly and we decided to go to sleep. We were tired, our eyes almost closed. Murrend all disappeared in their rooms, only Soph and Ondre beamed all over their faces and disappeared happily smiling out of my field of vision.