Chapter 4: "Get dressed"

"Wake up!" Amy screamed beside me and I drove up, startled. "You're crazy, aren't you?" I murmured and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "The meet and greet's in just a few hours. You have to help me with my outfit."

The concert's in a few hours? It had to be half a day!

I got out of bed, annoyed. "You woke me up for that? What time is it, anyway?" Carefully, I looked at my mobile. "Oh my God, it's only 9:00. That's my holiday and I can't even sleep in." I complained and let myself fall back into bed, pulling the blanket over my head.

But with a jerk it disappeared again and landed somewhere at the end of the room. "Move it! After all, we want to style you, too. And we'll go shopping, too!" I stood up. Sighing.

"Must you?" I groaned and went to the wardrobe. The more I thought about it, the more I thought it was a stupid idea to come along. Amy should have gone on the plane with Jess. She was more into this Tiktoker than I was.

And it's not like I didn't have something to do. I had a huge pile of stuff to learn and there was no piano here. If I failed the exam, my parents would freak. And I really didn't need that, too.

Besides, I had enough clothes and Amy too. This shopping got on my nerves. As if there was only shopping in life. She also had to learn, after all she studied medicine and the studies were pretty hard and she was generally not the most motivated person when it came to learning.

I swapped my pyjamas for a top, jeans and the black hoodie from yesterday. I put on some shoes and was ready for the first breakfast here in the hotel. "Let's go downstairs."

Outraged, she looked at me and then pointed down at herself. "Hello? I'm not properly dressed yet," she sulked. I honestly did not understand what was wrong with the skirt and the shirt, but I was still too tired to discuss it with her.

So I pulled out a tight light blue jeans, a wide blouse and a wide belt, threw it to her and stood at the door again. "Chop, chop," I shouted and waved her back to her bedroom.

When she came back, she was grinning all over her face. "Maybe you don't dress like me, but your combination ability is simply indescribable," she praised me and I nodded thankfully. "You're welcome," I winked and opened the door.

"Thank you, my darling," she whispered and went to the elevator with her usual but not too exaggerated hip swing. There she pressed the button and the doors swung open. Inside were two men in suits who wouldn't even look at us.

"Arrogant pretenders," I murmured and got another reproachful look from Amy. "May I remind you of last night?', I asked overfriendly and she looked a bit droopy. "It's all right. Don't talk to me about it again", she mumbled. "Or what?", I asked challengingly, whereupon she merely remained silent.

On the dining level the doors of the elevator opened and I got out quickly. These people were conceited and they simply despised everything and everyone below their level.

The breakfast buffet was gigantic and the two weeks would only be just enough to try everything once. I decided to start with the fruit salad and shovelled some of it into a bowl.

---

"Oh boy, Amy. I'll never go in there," I protested as she tried to drag me into the Hollister, in front of which two young men had positioned themselves who were not wearing a T-shirt under their open jackets. "But I really need a new top," she moaned.

Not that she already had a closet full of them. "It smells like perfume and sweat in there. Noway I can get in there!"

"I'll go alone, then!" she grumbled and I nodded. Should she do that. "I'm going to Starbucks. Can I bring you anything?" Stupid question, since I already knew the answer.

"The usual," she shouted as she already went through the door and winked at the dark-skinned man whose upper body showed a confusing eight-pack. Smiling, I went to the next store of the chain and lined up.

It took me ten minutes before it was my turn. "One Java Chip Frappes with extra espresso shot and a Hot Chocolate Hazelnut, also with espresso shot. Both large, please." I ordered.

"Name?" the barista asked unkindly. "Soph and Amy," I now returned just as cool. She wrote the names on the two cups and then passed them on. I waited another five minutes, then the two were pressed into my hand.

So in New York, people were kind of friendly. Outside the door Amy came towards me and took her hot chocolate from me.

"Did you find what you needed?", I asked her and took a look at the bag that seemed a bit too big for just a top. "Yep, and more," she replied, thus confirming my suspicion.

"Oh my God, a Nandos!", she suddenly cried beside me. "We have to get in there," she screamed. "Does this have something to do with your boy group, too?", I asked annoyed. "This is Nick's favourite food... Local!" she squealed. (I don't know if it's true)

I pulled her away immediately. "No way we're going in there. We have to get you styled for tonight after all. They're picking us up at five," I winked at her and she nodded violently. "You're right, you're right," she laughed and we headed back to the hotel.

There we put the many bags on the floor and Amy quickly stripped off her clothes. "Come on, let's find something hot for me now!" she screamed and stood in front of her wardrobe.

"Why didn't you just leave that on?", I asked her confusedly while I bit into the poison-green apple that I had taken away from the buffet in the morning. "Because that wasn't enough for the Hypehous. For shopping yes, for my absolute idols no!"

Sighing, I pushed her back at the hip and took out a pair of hightwaisted leather hot pants and a leggings. In addition an opaque white top and a cool jacket. I handed her the white sneakers and crossed her hands in front of her chest.

"Come on, get dressed", I ordered, as I had done this morning and she slipped into the clothes I had just laid out for her. Grinning, she stood in front of the mirror and turned once around herself. "Looks hot already," she giggled, and I agreed with her completely.

Amy was just hot, there was no denying that. She could wear just about anything and it looked good. Mostly she walked around in skirts or dresses, while I never touched those rags.

Skating in a skirt wasn't very advantageous, so I left it with jeans. I didn't necessarily have any complexes, I was in top shape and satisfied with my figure due to the martial arts I had been doing for 15 years. Sometimes I would have preferred my breasts to be a little smaller and my hips a little wider, but everyone found such small flaws in themselves.

"Can you do my make up?", Amy tore me out of my thoughts and I nodded. I decided to accentuate her eyes rather conspicuously and only discreetly put lip gloss on her lips. So a slightly darker eye shadow landed on her skin, then I drew a neat line with an eyeliner and mascaraed her eyelashes.

I made a few more big waves in her hair and sprayed a little hairspray on them, then I took care of myself. Maybe I wasn't into the Hype House, but if you've met stars, you could still look good...

I know this chapter is a bit boring, but it gets better in the next ones :)