chapter 3

IT was a very large office as Eunice expected.

It deals with marriage cases between couples, marriage decorations and so many other couple related festivals.

It took a huge amount of time for her to find the manager's office.

She opened the door a little and peeped inside the office and saw a bald head and a newspaper covering the face. "Who's that?" A rough voice asked.

Clearing her voice,she spoke up; "I'm Eunice Brett. The--"

"Oh Eunice Brett! Come in" he said folding his newspaper and keeping it on his desk, resigning whatever he was doing. "You're here for the job?"

"Yes sire"

"Oh great! You've come to the right place Margareth!"

A pale tall lady walked into the office briskly with her over sized suite and a wide awkward smile on her dried face.

"Here. This is Eunice Brett. The new decor inspector. Take her to her office" he ordered.

"Yes sire" she took Eunice with her.

"Good to see you lady. I'm Margareth, Mary for short and that's my office" she pointed at a office right behind the manager's office.

"Hello Mary" Eunice said as they walked on.

"The boss is a very stringent man but you'll like him eventually just follow his lead" she had that awkward smile on her face again.

They walked the long corridor and entered an elevator leading them to Eunice's office floor.

"You'll like your office it's a new one,the boss,Mr Emerson said to tidy your office and make sure......."she kept on talking and Eunice listened silently till the elevator door clanged open.

Mary stepped forward as Eunice followed behind.

"Thank you... Thank you..." A familiar voice said. Recognizing the voice immediately, Eunice turned to that direction. Jimmy Ralph!! Yes,the same Jimmy Ralph that left her waiting on that wedding aisle.

"Ma'am ma'am" Mary called her "what are you looking at?" Margareth asked.

Eunice immediately looked again and he was gone. Was it her mind playing tricks on her? "Um... Nothing" she said.

"Here's your office ma'am. I'll leave now" Mary said.