chapter 14

THEY sat on the floor next to each other silently.

Eunice was through with the massaging and Jimmy was a little bit relieved from his pain. Though he couldn't still walk properly. "Thanks. That was a good massage" he remarked, breaking the silence.

"You're welcome. I learnt it from a tutorial in the internet" she played with her fingers.

"Well I'm sorry for yesterday" he apologized.

"Yesterday?" Then she remembered; "oh, when you kissed me" she said.

"Yeah. I don't know what came over me" he said.

She turned and looked at him for a while. "You think you can just kiss any random girl and the next day tell her you're sorry? Well,I'm not any random girl" she said.

"I'm sorry Eunice"

"Why did you kiss me Jim?" She faced him, asking directly. He had no words to explain himself. The silence started getting weird and she stood up. "We may as well start rounding up from here and look for a way to get home" she folded her arms.

"Try the phone again" he insisted.

"It's not going" she argued.

"Just try it again" he insisted.

She angrily took her phone and dialed the doctor's number,it rang the first time,second time,third time and it went through "hello..." It was a miracle! Eunice quickly called the office as the doctor examined Jimmy's broken waist.

The next day was a Saturday, they didn't work on Saturdays. Eunice stayed at home thinking of how to plot a plan to leave that office. Few minutes later,there was a knock on the door,she opened it.

It was Claire.

"Hey girlie"

"Hey"

"Come in. How are you?" Eunice was glad Claire came,she'd have the best plan for her to resign from work.

"What's up? You're looking moody today" Claire observed.

"Oh it's nothing" Eunice lied.

"Is it Jimmy?" Claire teased her.

"No Claire,stop it" Eunice blushed.

"Did you just blush?" Claire asked amused.

"I didn't"

"Ooh...you blushed again"

"Claire!"

"And again!"

"Hugh! I need to confess to you,I massaged him yesterday" she opened up.

"Wow! Tell me all about it. Did he kiss you again?"

"Claire...!"

"Oops I'm sorry"

"Okay,just listen. I swore to myself I won't talk to him again since the day before yesterday,but I don't know how manage I did" she grew confused. "What?" She saw Claire looking at her weirdly.

"I think you still have feelings for him" she replied her.

"That's absurd"

"You do Eunice. But you don't know it yet"

Eunice smiled at Claire's statement. "Are you serious?"

"You blushed when I called his name, that's enough seriousness"

"Claire!--"

"Okay. I won't bring it up again,but just have it in mind that you're in love-- again"

"With Jimmy? I'm not"

"Okay" Claire was tired of debating an obvious issue with Eunice.

At night,she couldn't sleep. She remembered the time she was still happy, joyous and in love,when the whole world seemed heaven to her.

That cold night,they were naked on the bed,in the duvet,right next to each other.

"What's it sweetheart?" Jimmy said tenderly massaging her wet hair one at a time.

"Nothing" she said.

"You look worried" he insisted.

"I'm not" she retorted.

The massaging continued. "What's the matter Eunice?" Jimmy asked.

"I - love you Jimmy and I don't want anything to happen to this,to us" she hesitated then said; "promise me you won't leave me" she said.

"I promise" he replied with a kiss. A kiss that drove her from where she laid to untop of him.

She yawned coming back to her reality. Am I in love again? With Jimmy? No,not at all, definitely not. Oh Eunice don't take whatever Claire says so seriously. She told herself and for the first time in three years,with a smile,slept.