chapter 31

"WHAT!"

"And now that I've told you, it's most definite to happen. It's a long story Eunice but I promise to tell you once you come to my house"

"Shut up!" She hung up, throwing the phone on the seat. She felt a tinge of truth in what Jimmy said and started shivering.

Death was the last thing on her mind and with Claire...? No.

He must be in a dilemma or something. But her hands couldn't hold the stereo to go home, it kept shaking. Her arms. Wrist. Fingers. Hands. Body. And then she realized she was sweating.

She jolted aback as her phone rang and hurriedly picked it up. Right now, she needed to understand what Jimmy was saying.

"Hello Eunice?"

"Jimmy"

"I love you Eunice...and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Please, don't go home"

"Claire?...wants me dead...?"

"Yes. She has been behind all this that has been happening to us. She's mad about me and can do anything to have me"

"-" Eunice grew silent. Weeping silently over the phone.

"Please, believe me Eunice"

"Are you..." She trembled "are you sure of what you're saying?"

"I'm dead sure"

"I'll go to Claire's house and explain everything to her and---"

"No! She'll automatically kill you! You don't know who she is!"

"She's my friend!"

"You think?! She doesn't think before she takes any decision, she'll kill you Eunice! Please don't go!"

But Eunice hung up and Claire's house, she went.