chapter 6

THE next morning,which was a Tuesday, Eunice got prepared very early for work and took off.

She would reach the office before Jimmy to prove to him how tough she was.

She reached the office on time and got in gracefully. She looked around and sighed,there was no sign of Jimmy. She left for the elevator.

Striding slowly,she entered the elevator to her office.

"Eunice Brett" A deep tenor voice said.

She was busy studying her files on her hands when she heard her name from this anonymous voice. She turned and saw Jimmy.

She tried comporting herself and stood still, waving every sign of nervousness from her face. Without further hesitation,she turned her head back to the documents.

"I see. So that's how the game is gonna be right? First to talk to who. Nice one" he continued.

Her heart was pounding steadily inside out, but outwardly,she stood agile.

"Wow. What a great performance. When I saw you yesterday,you were shivering like a frozen pigeon" he looked at his wristwatch.

Eunice was shocked. So he did see me yesterday? Now,I must prove to him I wasn't nervous because of him.

"Why don't you just mind your business" she said boldly but turned the pages of the document ravishly, showing how nervous she was. She tightened her grip and hoped he didn't notice.

"Well I am minding my business" he said softly and confidently.

"How do you mean?" She didn't know how that came out from her mouth but was happy she said it confidently.

"You're my business Eunice Brett. I'm your supervisor and like a boss to you" he smirked noticing her face go white.

"That's outrageous!" She said doubting what he said as the elevator opened.

"Hmm. Outrageous. Nice meeting you Eunice Brett" he smirked again and left to the other side of the elevator.

Eunice trembled as she walked on to her office. Locking the door behind her,she took her phone and dialed Claire.

"Yes,hello"

"Claire you won't believe what just happened"

"You spoke with Jimmy?"

"Worse! He's my boss"

"What?!"

"Right? I don't know what to believe"

"Wow, that's good. You can now show him how confident and happy you are without him in your life more personally"

"Are you kidding? You think that'll be easy?"

"Good luck hun. Later"

"Don't you dare hang up"

"I will darling"

Eunice sighed. She was in a deep pit.