chapter 25

EUNICE didn't go to work today. She decided to spend some quality time with her family. The same day Claire came to visit her, she informed her family she'll be coming to pay them a visit.

So, this early morning she baked some muffins and to the car she went, down to 6th Street. She arrived at her father's place.

Her father had called Uncle Gilbert and some old family friends together for Eunice's August visit.

She baked only 5 muffins, thinking it was her father, Aunt Mona, little Anna and Aunt Mona's husband Mr Ben that'd be around but surprisingly, the house was filled.

She parked her car in the garage and stepped out, inhaling the chicken and grilled meat that was coming from the house.

It was Aunt Mona she saw first as she stepped into the house, talking with Aunt Lucia at the doorstep. "Oh, It's Eunice. She's arrived!" Aunt Mona alerted everyone.

"Good morning aunts, nice to see you two" she greeted excitedly. "Nice to see you too Eunice. How do you do?" Aunt Mona ushered her in. "How do you do?"

She stepped in, inhaling the richly cooked food emanating from the kitchen "hmmm...what's cooking?" She dropped her muffins and hurried to the kitchen. "Oh, hi dad" she spotted her dad in the kitchen.

"Hi darling. How are you doing?" Her father pecked her and went back to cooking.

"What's cooking dad?" She didn't mind her dad's question.

"Oh... It's a surprise dear. Shoo! You shouldn't be in the kitchen" he cheerfully drove her away.

"Oh Ma beca! Nice to see you after a very long time!" She hugged Ma beca.

"Nice to see you too. How are you doing?" Ma beca replied, betwixt laughing.

"I'm fine thank you. Hope you brought the children along? I baked some muffins" Eunice said.

"Muffins!" Ma beca's five sons shouted, cheerfully rushing to Eunice.

"Oh come here Robbin. Charles! Look at you Ralph!" She hugged them in joy.

"Where's them muffins Aunt?" Mark asked.

"Ooh, it's down by the stairs" then she joined; "be careful!" As they ran steadily.