chapter 22

"and what prompted you to have a fight with Eunice like that?" Jimmy summoned Delilah.

"Oh please! I know you'll take her side because you like her" she was still very much angry.

"Now you listen to me Delilah. I warned you to stay away from her 'cos I didn't want something like this to happen one day" he pointed his index finger at her.

"I tried! I tried staying away from her and she continued pestering me with questions about when we first met" Delilah whined.

"You've explained this to me before and I told you not to disclose it to her. It'll be very dangerous" he said annoyed.

"I didn't know she was the Eunice girl. It's today I found out and I decided to paint a picture" she said.

"How could you not know?!"

"How could I possibly know?! I've not met her before!"

"I-Don't-Care! Okay? Just stay away from her!" He roared. "I've hurt her enough and I don't want you or anyone to add to what I've done to her" he said.

"You should have just looked for another alternative than looking for me!" She cried out, which made Jimmy vex.

"One more word from you, I swear just one more word from you and I'll throw you out of this house!" He barked at her.

She quickly and obediently fell silent but crying in jealousy. For she had grown love for him.

She knew he was serious and will throw her out of his house if she argued on. She wept. Jimmy still loved Eunice.

He left her weeping and went somewhere else to soothe his pain.