chapter 8

AT least, someone could be answering Brett as a surname here same as Ralph,he can't be the only one answering Ralph,she tried convincing herself.

Just then,her office door opened and Jimmy walked in. "Good day pair mate" he said sitting.

"Pair mate?" She said, confused.

Jimmy studied her carefully before going on. "Hasn't Mr Emerson told you? We're paired" he said.

So he was the Mr Ralph? Eunice thought. "Oh" was what could come out from her mouth.

"So have you seen our assignment yet?" He continued not noticing the red colors on her cheek.

"I just got it. I'll look at it later" she frowned.

"Not later" he giggled "now"

"I'll look at it anytime I want to and you won't disturb me" she said annoyed.

"I'm your boss Ms Brett,so I say you look through it now. I'll be back" he left.

What is wrong with him? Doesn't he see what he put me through? Can't he show sympathy? What kind of a beast is he?. She may as well start going through the assignment before he came back.

Today wasn't good for her and didn't go well for her at all. She left work thinking how miserable it was to be paired with Jimmy. She regretted not quiting her job when she could. How could I be so foolish? Now she was paired with Jimmy and that included seeing him everyday and talking with him. She couldn't do that,he had hurt her enough to make his sight a living hell for her.

How am I going to tell the boss I need to be re paired? I have to figure out how before tomorrow, she thought.

The next day at work was hell for her but she had to endure until she found a suitable way of telling the boss she couldn't accept her paired mate.

Now, this minute,she needed her own share of the document the boss gave Jimmy but she didn't know where Jimmy's office was. Jimmy and his secretary where both standing in front of her but she didn't want to talk with Jimmy so,she didn't know how to ask him.

She wasn't still clear with the assignment they were both working on and that document would really help. But,how was she going to ask for it? It's either she asked Jimmy or his secretary for it.

But either way,she'd still talk to Jimmy. No,I can't. Just then,Jimmy saw her and walked towards her.

"Any problem?"

"No. I need my documents"

"-" Jimmy looked puzzled.

"The one in your office" she explained.

"Oh, you're looking for a way to ask me where my office is 'cos you don't know where it is. But,for no reason at all you find it difficult" he smiled exposing his dimple.

"Whatever. So where is it?"

"Follow me"

She grunted and followed.

His office was a big one with frames of dignitaries and some ancient drawings on the wall. It had a cosy place where you could sit and relax, and at one end was the office, on the centre table stood his name and position,two guests sit and his own office roller armchair at the other end.

It smelt of hot and sexy Jimmy with the help of a little air conditioner.

The smell took Eunice to thinking when he finished taking his bathe in her bathroom when he passed the night and she went in to take her own bathe but ended up inhaling his pleasant body fragrance.

She became grudged in her heart looking at him. Why did he leave me when he swore an oath right there in the dining that he won't ever let me go? She would make his life a living hell in this place,she swore.

"Here you go" he gave her the documents.

She took them muttering a "thanks" and with that left. Her heart shrunk.

Back in her office with nothing to do,she went through the documents. It was a wedding decoration. Suddenly, something struck her. She looked at the ceiling, smiling broadly.

Now she'd seen a way to take her revenge. She would sabotage the wedding plan making Jimmy loose his job. Maybe pairing with Jimmy wasn't a bad plan after all.