chapter 23

"why did you put up a scene with my wife?!" Jimmy barged into Eunice's office the next day.

"Get out of my office!" She barked back. She had been having a hard time in the office since yesterday.

"You must answer me first!" He yelled.

"I said leave my office!" God so help her that she didn't kill Jimmy today.

"I'm not going anywhere till you--" books came rushing, telephone crashing, pen,etc at Jimmy.

Eunice threw every single thing she could lay her hands on at Jimmy.

"Stop it Eunice! Stop it!" He cried out approaching her.

But oh no! The throwing never ceased. He came so close to her that she couldn't find anything near her reach to throw at him and she started hitting him. He tried holding her hands but it slipped away and blows from all directions landed on him. "Leave me alone! You've hurt me enough! You've ruined me! I love you Jimmy!"

Jimmy kissed her. That was outrageous! She grew more mad! Eyes wide open, she tried removing her lips from his. She would never kiss him or let him kiss her again. Enough is enough!

She struggled from his kisses but it seemed the kisses had an upper power than her pulls and gradually subdued her.

Jimmy continued kissing her till he was sure she was kissing him too. He held her almost at the verge of tears. Eunice held him too longing for more than kisses, spreading her arms all around him. Gradually, they laid side by side in the office rug, still kissing. Her tears rubbing his cheek. For no reason at all, they paused, looking deeply at each other. Their love for each other was immeasurable.

"I'm sorry" Jimmy said and Eunice quickly took his lips in hers again not minding whatever he said. She didn't care anymore, she wanted him now.

Eunice laid on Jimmy's chest as he laid on the rug patting her hair. They kept silent, each thinking what came over them.

Eunice remembered the quarrel between her and Delilah. She remembered all the encounter, just then, she remembered Delilah grew angry for no just cause after realizing she was Eunice Brett. Why was she angry? She was lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear Jimmy.

"Eunice?" He called again.

"Uhm...yes"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah" she said.

"I'm sorry--"

"Don't apologise for what just happened" she stood up. "I'd have stopped you if I wanted to"she forced herself to say.

"But I'm still sorry" he said.

Just then, Eunice realized his fingers were empty. "Where's your ring?"

"Ring?" Jimmy stood up also.

"Yeah. Your wedding ring" she said.

"Oh the-- I'm not the jewelry type. I kept it at home" he pulled his hair back with his hands, exposing his handsome face.

"Go take care of your wife, you've been in my office for almost an hour now she might be calling" Eunice went over to her sit.

"I take it you don't like her" he clipped his sleeves, hiding the sexy straight hairs on his arm.

"I hate her" she confessed.

"You're jealous?" He put in.

"I'm not" she lied.

"You are and that's why you hate her. You still love me Eunice" he rested his hands on her desk, making his shoulder straight and said.

"Do you still love me?" She didn't know why she asked but a yes would really help, she'd gone through enough to need someone to love her.

Jimmy bowed his head and remained silent bringing a frown to Eunice's face. "Look--"

"Leave my office" she was hurt.

So his kisses...touches...an hour ago was just for nothing?

Her mood grew bitter. "I SAID LEAVE MY OFFICE!" She screamed not caring if it was jealousy anymore.

"Okay, I'm leaving" he raised his hands up as a form of surrendering and left.