chapter 40

".....in your right time the man will eventually come. Please"

"Don't tell me that shit!" She pointed the gun at him and back at Eunice.

"You just shot him Claire! What! Are! You! Thinking?!" Eunice said angrily at her.

"You shut up! You're the cause of everything. If only you were not in this picture, this mess wouldn't have happened. You've taking joy and happiness away from me, yet you say you're not happy! Shut up!" Claire pointed the gun firmly now at her.

"...and thinking that I took you as a friend. Why are you doing this to me Claire? What wrong did I do to you?" Eunice said in tears.

"You wanna know? You really wanna know? Jimmy must've told you the whole truth. I love Jimmy, I do and I want him. I don't want anyone to take him away from me! Yes! Not even you!" She shouted.

"And you're telling me this now? Why didn't you tell me earlier? I'd have done anything for you!" Eunice wept. "I love you Claire, I really do as a sister. I even took the risk to go to your house to confirm what Jimmy told me 'cos I trusted you! And I convinced myself to think I was wrong! Why? Why Claire?" She said.

"I hate you! I never did love you! I hated you right from the very beginning!"

This made Eunice weep the more.

"You know what? Why don't I put an end to this?" She triggered the gun at Eunice.

"No!" Jimmy stood at her front leaping.

"Jimmy!" Eunice cried out in fear.

"You'd do no such thing" he defended Eunice.

"I should rather end your pathetic lives!" Claire cried out and with that Eunice came forward; "no! Please don't kill Jimmy"

"Eunice what are you doing? Stay behind!" Jimmy went forward.

"Jimmy why are you doing this to me?" Claire wept; "I've told you before and I'll keep saying it. Let's run, travel to another country and get married. We could do our honeymoon in Paris or Bahama" the gun was still pointed forward.

"Claire... Look Jimmy is bleeding, let's take him to the hospital, then we can talk about this the right way" Jimmy was already falling on the floor again, weak from standing; "No... Jimmy. Jimmy stay with me" Eunice called out.

"I can't Eunice. I've lost a lot of blood" he held Eunice.

"No Jimmy. Claire! Look at Jimmy! Please... please...let's settle this the right way" she held fainting Jimmy. "Jimmy...Jimmy...?" Eunice called out.

"Don't worry Eunice, no matter what happens, I'll still love you" he groaned faintly in pain.

"Jimmy-- Jimmy darling, don't say that. Nothing will happen to you" Eunice held his head upright to prevent him from passing out.

"Huuugh!" Claire was tired of the scene. "That's it! If I don't have Jimmy, no one will" she stamped to shoot.

"Claire!"

"No--"

Baam!!!