chapter 4

EUNICE sat fumbled in her office.

What did I just see? Was that Jimmy? No,it can't be. I'm only dreaming an horror dream that's all.

She continued with the day's activity and of course, occasionally looking around if she'll see Jimmy again.

It was almost closing time and she didn't see or hear his voice again. She was definitely dreaming,and with a sigh,she rested her nerves.

During the remaining work of the day,she immediately left her office for the elevator and down to the manager's office.

She just had to submit these documented files to the boss for screening and then she was done for today.

She couldn't believe she's started working already. She smiled at Margareth as she walked steadfastly to the manager's office. She remembered Mary said he was stringent and Eunice did not relate well with stringent people.

She knocked and carefully opened the door and to her amazement,saw the boss with Jimmy having a conversation.

She stood. Looking at Jimmy. She didn't listen to the conversation they had but kept on gazing at him like he was a ghost.

No! She almost wailed as she closed the door back and held her mouth to avoid her from screaming.

She was uncontrollably nervous and hurried to the restroom with the files on her hands.

Claire,she had to call Claire.

Keeping the files stacked neatly,she looked for her phone. Then she remembered her phone as well as all her belongings were at her office. She was doomed. It was either she walked in there and killed Jimmy or remained in this restroom till everyone was gone. None sounded good, though she won't be sad if Jimmy dies.

She was trapped.

Anytime soon,that's if the boss wasn't already looking for her, he'll definitely ask what's taking her so long,then Jimmy would know she was in this office. She couldn't breathe, she closed her eyes praying it would give her enough oxygen to survive.

She wouldn't let that happen,she left the restroom.

"Oh,there you are! I've been looking for you and the documents" Mary said.

"Oh,I'm about to do that" Eunice could hear the drum beat of her heart. She just had to give him these documents. Give him these documents Eunice,and you're free to run home. It's just a document Eunice, everything's gonna be just fine. She stopped at the door. Jimmy was still gonna be in there. Her heart pounding.

Then something she'd been dreading to do happened,the door opened.

She froze looking up at a moustached man who gave her a puzzled look and left her standing.

Entering the manager's office in shame,she gave the manager the files. "Sire... The files" she dropped them and turned to leave.

"Wait!"

Her heart pounded.

"What took you so long?"

"I... I was on my way sire" she said.

"Hmmm"