chapter 9

THE next day at work,she was at Jimmy's office. They had to start the preparations to finding a customer or two couples rather.

They both waited for phone calls as they buried themselves in piling files.

Thank goodness Jimmy left that second. She wanted to blast with sweat,but now she cooled off with heavy breathing. What is wrong with me? Why do I feel so shy when we meet?

And he was back. Their work continued.

They spent up to five hours piling files that Eunice got tired. She sat abruptly. Jimmy took two glasses of chilled wine and sat also. He gave her a glass which she grabbed instantly. That was what she needed at the moment.

"It ain't easy at all. But it's work and it's meant to be worked" he sipped.

"Have you received any calls yet?"

"Not even one" he replied Eunice.

"I'm tired. We should rest and continue later or tomorrow" she sighed.

"Tomorrow? I can't leave my weekend to come and work" he whined.

"...and what specifically are you doing at home?" She asked.

"Sleeping of course" he answered.

She laughed "sleeping? Oh you're so lazy Jim" she had long forgotten Jimmy was the one she hated now.

"...and what do you use your weekends for that you prefer coming here tomorrow?" He asked also enjoying the chat.

"Nothing" she said. Well,it was nothing after all. Now the hatred came back. She was always alone doing nothing. Sometimes she spent hers in Claire's house.

"Anything wrong?" He noticed her face go rigid.

She couldn't believe he asked her that question. Hell yes! Every damn thing is wrong! "No. Why do you ask?"

"Uhm,I saw the way your mood changed"

She didn't care if he cared or not. The way his face looked, charming and all, it was as though he cared but,she had grown past all those actings,she knew.

"My mood? How?"

"You were laughing and happy and all of a sudden you became sad and quiet" he said. That brought a long silence as each gazed daringly at each other. Her hair shining dark brown fell to her face and Jimmy slowly and carefully placed it back. That brought a blush on her face.

Just as it looked like any moment from now they'll kiss,his telephone rang. That sprang him up; "hello" it was his secretary.

Eunice kept smiling as she looked at his broad squared shoulders and neatly ironed blue suit.

He was through with his call.

Eunice looked into her glass of wine still smiling.

"So shall we?" He pointed at the work on the desk.