chapter 21

IT was closing time and at exactly 4:30 pm, Eunice came out of the office and from where she stood sighted Delilah.

Simultaneously, the date information occurred to her. She approached Delilah.

"Hey Delilah, waiting for someone?" Eunice asked friendly.

"Yeah, my husband Jimmy, he's promised to take me outing today" she replied back friendly.

"Okay. While you're waiting for him, can we continue our, you know, discussion? I really I'm amazed my old time friend got married this soon and worse of all, he didn't tell me" she lied perfectly.

Delilah bought it; "Oh. What cruelty. So where did we stop before?" She said. Eunice was happy she was getting along.

"You were about to tell me the date you and Jimmy met, remember?" she reminded Delilah and suddenly her face fell and her mood changed.

"Why do you desperately want to know the date?"

"As I said, he was a good friend of mine and he didn't tell me anything about you. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you told me the date"

"...or you're one of those cheap sluts eyeing my husband and you're surprised he's married to me and want to know the date"

"Excuse me. First of all I'm your husband's ex- fiancee"

"Oh! So that's what you mean by ' old friend ' "

"Wait-a-minute. Are you accusing me of something? First of all, you're the one that took him away from me. Do you even know the full story? We were to get married on the 27th of June 2012 and he suddenly disappeared. Oh, are you surprised? The following Saturday, which is 3rd of July 2012 he got married to you. Explain that. So you see why I want to know the date?" Now she knew why she wanted to know the date they first met. "...to know if your marriage to him is a charade or not" she said emphatically.

"Wait-- are you Ms Eunice? As in Ms Eunice Brett?!" Delilah froze.

"Yes. Surprised?" Eunice asked.

"Oh my-- you slut, you scoundrel, whore! You want to take my husband away from me? Jealous fool!" She roared and Eunice gave her a slap.

Whatever Delilah significantly meant, Eunice didn't understand, but it made her anger increase.

"You slapped me?!" She screamed, surprised.

"You should be ashamed of yourself for snatching my rightful belonging" she started weeping profusely "you call me names but you're quick to forget you're the one that snatched him away from me!"

"I did not! He never did love you! If he did, then why did he fall in love with me and abandon you?!"

That landed another slap on Delilah's face.

"You dare to slap me?! You slapped me?!" Delilah continued screaming.

"...and I'll be glad to slap you again, if you dare call me another one of your mischievous acts" Eunice warned in tears.

"I know you hated me right from the first time you saw me, you never did like me and now you're planning a way to snatch my--" that landed yet another slap on Delilah's face as Jimmy came.

"Yes I hate you! I hate you for everything you did!" She cried and that broke out a fight.

"Eunice! Delilah!" Jimmy struggled, till he separated them. Jimmy holding Eunice firmly about her waist to avoid her from strangling Delilah who cried provoked and walked away angrily to the car.

Eunice shoved Jimmy away immediately and went over to her car also, as they both left.