chapter 20

SHE was at Claire's place narrating her ordeal to Claire.

"You should take it easy Eunice" Claire finally said after Eunice had explained.

"I'm trying Claire"she lamented.

"As I said before, this is not the end of the world for you or him, so just take it easy on yourself and show him what you're made of" Claire said.

"I don't know Claire but I feel like if I get to know the date Jimmy exactly met Delilah for the first time, it'll really help me figure all this out" she said.

"Why so?" Claire asked.

" 'cos I can't just believe Jimmy fooled me all this while and was having an affair with Delilah. I know him Claire" she wept again.

"It's okay Eunice. But if it makes you any better, I think you should just forget about Jimmy and stop torturing yourself" Claire sympathized with her.

Eunice wasn't okay yet. She knew deep inside her that Jimmy was lying to her about Delilah. But why would he lie? She remembered clearly that Delilah said he met her at the beach and suddenly fell in love with her. No. This wasn't my Jimmy. Jimmy has done many stupid things but this story was definitely made up. She was bent on finding out that date.

On this bright sunny afternoon, Jimmy and Eunice where on their pair assignment to meet their third client.

"They'll be here any minute" Jimmy said out to Eunice, not minding if she listened or not. Few minutes later, their third client showed up. The two couples happily coming towards them.

They had all decided to meet at the famous parking lot to talk business.

"Hi I'm Rachel" "hello,I'm Spencer and you must be..."

"Yes. The decorators planet limited. We are at your service" Eunice introduced.

"Good. So you know our plan" Spencer confirmed. But before Jimmy could talk, Eunice interrupted again;

"Of course. We'll just need you to sign few documents and all will be set up" she smiled.

"You hear that honey? Our wedding will be perfect!" Rachel rejoiced.

Eunice felt a twinge of pain as she remembered her wedding.

"Thank you very much, we are so grateful" Rachel said.

"You're welcome, that's our job and you won't regret working with us" Jimmy said nicely.

"That's if your wedding doesn't get ruined as your groom walks away" Eunice said curtly.

Rachel and Spencer fell silent.

"Just joking" she immediately humored and a laugh cleared the silence.

"So funny. You got me there. Clearly no groom would do that, not my Spencer" Rachel laughed.

"Of course, he's not like other men that cheat on their fiancee and gets married to the other woman the following Saturday" she said loudly again and laughed immediately as Rachel and Spencer joined in chorus and bade them; "good bye. Looking forward to working with you" they left.

Jimmy grabbed Eunice's arm as she was about leaving for the car; "and what was the meaning of that?"

"What?!"

"What you just did"

"I didn't do anything, I just gave poor Rachel a headstart to be beware of rascals like you" she continued; "now if you don't mind I'm going to the car" she left Jimmy's grip but Jimmy walked to her front. "Look, I understand you're mad at me for obviously getting married to Delilah but that's between both of us, you shouldn't be bringing it up in our work" Jimmy corrected.

"You think I'm mad at you because of your sudden marriage? No! I'm mad at you because of cheating, fooling and using me because of that girl you call Delilah!" She was raged.

"I'm sorry okay, but---"

"Stop that!" She interrupted whatever he wanted to say next; "stop this whatever you're doing. I don't need your pity, your apology or your sorry. Don't you dare pity me. Stop! Stop! Just leave me alone. Stop seducing me, stop! Stop, let me be" she walked away.

Suddenly, Jimmy sighted a land cruiser eaves dropping, he sighted who was inside from afar and suddenly groaned recognising the person inside.

He's phone rang. "Hello..." He said in a still voice. "Yes...I know...I'm trying...no, please don't hurt her...okay, okay, whatever...bye" he left for the car Eunice was.